Επεισόδια θρησκευτικής μισαλλοδοξίας

Εσφαξαν άθεο μπλόγκερ στην καρδιά της Ντάκα
Δημήτρης Φαναριώτης / Εφ Συν

Δολοφονική ενέδρα στο κέντρο της πρωτεύουσας του Μπανγκλαντές Ντάκα, με θύμα τον άθεο μπλόγκερ και συγγραφέα 10 βιβλίων Αβιτζίτ Ρόι, έστησαν φανατικοί ισλαμιστές στο πλέον πρόσφατο επεισόδιο επιθέσεων εναντίον όσων υποστηρίζουν την ελεύθερη σκέψη και έκφραση στην ασιατική χώρα των 160 εκατομμυρίων κατοίκων, το 90% της οποίας είναι μουσουλμάνοι. Ο Ρόι, δημιουργός του μπλογκ «Ελεύθερη Σκέψη» μαζί με τη σύζυγό του Ραφιντά Αχμέντ επέστρεφαν με ποδήλατο πους-πους (παραδοσιακό μεταφορικό μέσο) από έκθεση βιβλίου, όταν δύο άνδρες οπλισμένοι με ματσέτες (μεγάλα σπαθιά) τους κατέβασαν από το όχημα, κατακρεούργησαν τον Ρόι και τραυμάτισαν σοβαρότατα τη γυναίκα του. Ο Ρόι είχε διαδραματίσει καίριο ρόλο στις μαχητικές διαδηλώσεις που έγιναν στην Ντάκα με αίτημα την επιβολή της εσχάτης των ποινών σε εξτρεμιστές μουσουλμάνους, οι οποίοι το 2013 είχαν σκοτώσει με τον ίδιο φρικτό τρόπο τον μπλόγκερ Αχμέντ Ρατζίμπ Χαιντέρ, που είχε ηγηθεί του πρώτου κύματος διαδηλώσεων.

SBE

¥
Έμαθα και κάτι που δεν το ήξερα pousse-pousse γαλλιστί το ποδήλατο αμάξι. Στην προκειμένη περιπτωση, το ποδήλατο ταξί.

Το να σχολιάζεις αυτό το σημείο της είδησης, το λες και λίγο αναισθησία...

SBE

¥
Μπορείς να το πεις και πολλή αναισθησία
Γιατί όταν διαβάζουμε ειδήσεις απαγορεύεται να έχουμε άγνωστες λέξεις.

Το παρακάτω κείμενο κανονικά θα ανήκε σ' ένα ευρύτερο νήμα με τίτλο "Νεολαία, Ριζοσπαστικοποίηση και Εξτρεμισμός", αλλά δεν θέλω να το ανοίξω, οπότε το βάζω εδώ όπου ανήκει η περίπτωση των συγκεκριμένων, ισλαμιστών, ριζοσπαστικοποιημένων εξτρεμιστών.
(Maajid Nawaz / ΝΥΤ)

The Education of 'Jihadi John'

LONDON — LAST week, the man called “Jihadi John” by the world’s media was unmasked as Mohammed Emwazi, a Kuwaiti-born Muslim and naturalized British citizen from London. Not only that, but the Islamic State’s most notorious Western recruit was identified as a graduate in computer science from the University of Westminster.

Many were shocked that the apparent executioner in videos made by the Islamic State, or ISIS, was an educated, middle-class metropolitan. In fact, academic institutions in Britain have been infiltrated for years by dangerous theocratic fantasists. I should know: I was one of them.

The University of Westminster is well known for being a hotbed of extremist activity. The university’s Islamic Society is heavily influenced, sometimes controlled, by the radical Islamist group Hizb-ut-Tahrir and regularly gives a platform to preachers of hate. On the very day of the Emwazi revelation, the university was to host a lecture by Haitham al-Haddad — a man accused of espousing homophobia, advocating female genital mutilation and professing that Jewish people are descended from apes and pigs. The event was suspended not by the university authorities, but by the Islamic Society, which pulled it only because of security concerns.

Islamist “entryism” — the term originally described tactics adopted by Leon Trotsky to take over a rival Communist organization in France in the early 1930s — continues to be a problem within British universities and schools. Twenty years ago, I played my part as an Islamist entryist at college.

I was born and raised in Essex, just outside London, to a financially comfortable, well-educated Pakistani family. But I came of age as the genocide against Bosnian Muslims unfolded on the other side of Europe. That horror, coupled with the violence of white racists I experienced at home, led to my becoming disconnected from mainstream society.

I had a mind inquiring enough to question world events, as well as the passion fostered by my background to care, but I lacked the emotional maturity to process these things. That made me ripe for Islamist recruitment. Into this ferment came my recruiter, himself straight out of a London medical college.

He belonged to Hizb-ut-Tahrir, which is Arabic for the party of liberation. An international revolutionary Islamist group founded in 1953, it was the first movement to popularize resurrecting a caliphate with a version of Shariah law. Unlike Al Qaeda, Hizb-ut-Tahrir argues for military coups, not terrorism, to achieve power.

The recruiters are adept at manipulating world events to present what I call the “Islamist narrative” — that the world is at war with Islam, and only a caliphate will protect Muslims from the crusaders. I was seduced by the ideology and drawn to its alternative subculture.

By age 16, I had adopted Hizb-ut-Tahrir’s ideas wholeheartedly. I was asked to enroll at Newham College, a state-supported continuing education institution in east London, with the aim of gaining prominence on campus and recruiting other students to the cause. Once elected as president of the student union, I exploited the naïveté of the college, registering supporters to vote for me and consolidating our control.

The poisonous atmosphere that my supporters and I created at Newham College grew so dangerous that in 1995 my self-appointed bodyguard stabbed to death a non-Muslim student on campus, to cries of “Allahu akbar!” The killer, Saeed Nur, was convicted of murder.

I was rightly expelled from the college, though my activism did not end there. I worked first in Pakistan and then in Egypt to recruit young military officers to Hizb-ut-Tahrir’s revolutionary agenda. In 2001, I was arrested by President Hosni Mubarak’s secret police. During four years in a Cairo prison, I gradually reconsidered the ideology of Islam, and eventually abandoned it. On my release, I took up the human rights and counter-extremism work that occupies me now.
The Islamic Society at the University of Westminster, like others at universities across Britain, is still targeted by entryist radicals. While such institutions must guard free speech, they should also be vigilant to ensure that speakers are not given unchallenged platforms to promote their toxic message to a vulnerable audience.

These speakers claim to preach Islam, but they peddle a highly politicized, often violent strain of my faith. It is easier than one might think for bright, capable people like Mr. Emwazi to fall for the myopic worldview of the preachers of hate. Young people from relatively prosperous, educated backgrounds have long been overrepresented in jihadist causes.

Just last month, Britain was thrown into consternation to learn that three young women, teenagers from the Bethnal Green Academy, had slipped out of the country to join the Islamic State. Kadiza Sultana, Amira Abase and Shamima Begum were all, according to their parents and peers, straight-A students.

Challenging the notion of statehood, democratic theory and Middle Eastern power politics certainly takes a degree of intellectual sophistication, but it does not make an idealistic young person less vulnerable to exploitation by skilled recruiters. Regardless of good grades, they may suffer from a crisis of identity or grievances that radicalizers can prey on.

The desire to impose any religion on society is an inherently repugnant idea, but it is not so among many British Muslims. For decades, we’ve allowed Islamist ideologues to work unfettered across our communities, to the extent that Islamism has become the default form of political expression for many young Muslims in Britain and across Europe.

The leap from being an ordinary British teenager to joining the Islamic State is huge. But it is a much smaller step for someone raised in a climate in which dreams of resurrecting a caliphate and enforcing a distorted form of Islam are normalized. Until we confront this seeming legitimacy of Islamist discourse at the grass roots, we will not stop the scourge of radicalization.

Maajid Nawaz, the chairman of the think tank Quilliam, is the author of “Radical: My Journey Out of Islamist Extremism.”

Βangladesh Killings Send Chilling Message to Secular Bloggers
(Ellen Barry - ΝΥΤ)

DHAKA, Bangladesh — When the steamy, clamorous evening had settled over this city, and Oyasiqur Rhaman had finished his day’s work at a travel agency, he would turn to one of his favorite pastimes: Poking fun at fundamentalist Islam.

Mr. Rhaman, 27, blogged under the name Kutshit Hasher Chhana, or The Ugly Duckling, and he specialized in sharp-edged satire. In one post, he adopted the persona of a self-important believer fielding questions from an atheist. (An example: “See, the captive women, impressed at the heroism of the Muslim fighters, used to engage in sex with them willingly. Don’t you see that it gave pleasures to them as well?”) He posted photos of sausages wrapped in pastries, labeled “pigs in a burqa.”

On Monday morning, after he left home for the travel agency, Mr. Rhaman was killed for what he had posted. Three young men — among them students of madrasas here in the capital and in Chittagong — surrounded him and sliced at his head with machetes, cutting deep gouges into his forehead, face and throat. His body was left on the pavement in a pool of congealing blood.

Two men were captured by local residents and handed over to the police, according to Mohammad Salahuddin, who heads the district police station. Those men said an acquaintance known as Masum had instructed them to kill Mr. Rhaman because “he made some comments against Islam” on social media, but that they had not read the comments themselves.

The killing closely followed the pattern of another five weeks earlier, when young men with machetes surrounded a secular blogger and author, Avijit Roy, as he left a book fair.

Mr. Rhaman took Mr. Roy’s murder to heart, changing his Facebook profile image to read “I am Avijit.” Over the next few days, he also mourned the 2013 killing of another blogger, Ahmed Rajib Haider, known online as Thaba Baba, and vowed to keep fighting.

“The pen will remain active, will continue till the death of your belief,” he wrote. “Get Islam destroyed, get Islam destroyed, get Islam destroyed.”

A writer using the name Biswaoy Balok, or Amazing Boy, responded in the comments section: “Son of a dog, you will also be killed.”

The deaths of Mr. Roy and Mr. Rhaman this month have sent a chilling message to the country’s secular bloggers, who say they are competing for the hearts and minds of young people exposed to oceans of material promoting conservative Islam.

Mr. Haider, Mr. Roy and Mr. Rhaman were all swept up in the 2013 Shahbag movement, which called for the death penalty for Islamist political leaders who were implicated in atrocities committed during the 1971 war for independence from Pakistan. The movement was met with a passionate response from young Islamist activists, deepening a divide among members of the same generation over whether Bangladesh is, or should be, a Muslim state.

Omi Rahman Pial, another prominent blogger from the same group, said he heard from five activists on Monday who said they were considering seeking asylum outside Bangladesh. Arif Jebtik, another activist, said that more “have begun shutting their blogs down” under pressure from their families.

It has always been risky for Bangladeshi intellectuals to criticize Islam, but when they fled the country, it used to be to avoid prosecution, not extremist violence, said Sara Hossain, a Bangladeshi supreme court lawyer.

“People who have lived in conflict zones will describe how you move from being a society where you attack people verbally and try to invoke the law against them,” she said. “Now our society is increasingly going toward one where you murder your enemies.”

Many people here had a mixed reaction to Mr. Roy’s death, condemning the violence but also taking issue with his views.

“Look, 93.2 percent of Bangladeshis are Muslim, and 80 percent of those are against what he wrote,” said Abdullah Fahim, 22, a business student at North South University, a private institution here. “I don’t know why our government gave him the liberty to write against Islam.”

Monirul Islam, a police official who is overseeing the investigation into Mr. Roy’s death, said the police have seen a pattern of attacks on writers and intellectuals. Those involved are often well-off, Internet-savvy young people, he said, and not the impoverished men who typically committed such crimes in the past. Mr. Islam said the attackers operate in small groups and have been active so far in eight to 10 of the country’s 64 districts.

“At this stage, their strategy is silent, targeted killing,” he said.

Though the killing of Mr. Roy happened more than a month ago in a crowded street full of witnesses, the police have so far made only one arrest — Shafiur Rahman Farabi, who called for him to be murdered in a Facebook post.

Mr. Islam said Mr. Farabi “disclosed some information,” and that the police have identified additional suspects, a group of men not directly connected with Mr. Farabi. He said he believed more than five people were involved, and that several of them probably attended North South University.

The authorities were luckier on Monday, when bystanders caught two men trying to flee the scene; a third man escaped. In an exchange with journalists, the two suspects seemed remorseless, according to Mohammad Jamil Khan, a reporter for The Dhaka Tribune.

“They were talking with me very happily, that they have done a good job by killing the blogger,” Mr. Khan told the BBC. “They don’t feel any guilt. They think they have done a very good job for their religion.”

Μπορεί αυτή τη στιγμή ο Χριστιανισμός να είναι μακράν η δημοφιλέστερη θρησκεία παγκοσμίως, όμως δεν είναι και η πιο αναπτυσσόμενη. Σύμφωνα με έρευνα του PewResearchCenter, μέχρι το 2050 θα έχει αποκτήσει έναν πολύ μεγάλο «ανταγωνιστή». (iefimerida)

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Από τη σελίδα της Νιμρούντ / Nimrud αντιγράφεις τις συντεταγμένες, τις βάζεις στους χάρτες της Google και βρίσκεσαι αμέσως στο σημείο όπου οι Τζιχαντιστές έκαναν τις τελευταίες τους καταστροφές:

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0981917,43.3287694,923m/data=!3m1!1e3

Γυρνάς στο Google Earth, ζουμάρεις, κοιτάς φωτογραφίες.

Αν υπήρχε Αλλάχ, θα άκουγε την αγανάκτησή μου.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31760656
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nimrud

Ενδιαφέρον και αυτό: As well as destroying artefacts, Islamic State also trades in them - and the trade is one of its key sources of revenue.

Τα ίδια κάναν και οι Ταλιμπάν με τους Βούδες, πριν από την επίθεση των Αμερικανών. Κάπου διάβαζα πόσο οι καταστροφές αυτές, που αμφισβητούν τη φιλοσοφία του ιστορισμού, ακυρώνουν κάθε προσπάθεια επιστροφής πολιτιστικών θησαυρών από τα μουσεία της Δύσης στις χώρες όπου υπάρχει ισλαμιστικός κίνδυνος, δηλ. σε όλες τις μουσουλμανικές χώρες. Ευτυχώς εμείς δεν είμαστε μουσουλμανική χώρα, αν και η απειλή του Βλαμμένου ότι θα ξαμολήσουμε τους ξένους τζιχαντιστές που μπαίνουν στο έδαφός μας λόγω της ευρωπαϊκής αδιαφορίας για βοήθεια στην αντιμετώπιση των μεταναστευτικών ροών δεν είναι και η πιο καθησυχαστική, αν τη συνδυάσουμε και με αυτό το προ τριετίας σύνθημα πίσω από την Παλιά Βουλή (νομίζω πως το 'χω ξαναβάλει, αλλά είναι διαχρονικής αξίας):

Ιταλία: Μουσουλμάνοι μετανάστες πέταξαν χριστιανούς στη θάλασσα
Κρατούνται στο Παλέρμο
(Καθημερινή)
Νέα διάσταση αποκτά η τραγωδία που λαμβάνει χώρα τις τελευταίες εβδομάδες στη Μεσόγειο. Εν μέσω πληροφοριών για νέο ναυάγιο με περισσότερους από 40 νεκρούς, ανακοινώθηκε ότι 15 μουσουλμάνοι μετανάστες κρατούνται προσωρινά στο Παλέρμο της Σικελίας, μετά από καταγγελίες ότι στη διάρκεια του διάπλου από τη Λιβύη προς την Κάτω Ιταλία πέταξαν στη θάλασσα 12 χριστιανούς συνταξιδιώτες τους.

Ανάμεσα στους συλληφθέντες βρίσκεται και ένας 17χρονος.

Σύμφωνα με τις μέχρι τώρα μαρτυρίες, στο πλεούμενο ξέσπασε σύγκρουση για θρησκευτικούς λόγους και οι μουσουλμάνοι πέταξαν στην θάλασσα τους χριστιανούς επιβαίνοντες, οι οποίοι πνίγηκαν.

Τις καταγγελίες εξετάζει η εισαγγελία στο Παλέρμο, η οποία -σύμφωνα με τον ιταλικό Τύπο- έχει συγκεντρώσει σημαντικό αποδεικτικό υλικό και θα πρέπει τώρα να αποφασίσει 48 ωρών, αν θα μετατρέψει τις δεκαπέντε εντολές προσωρινής κράτησης σε φυλάκιση.

Βιβλίο για την ισλαμοφοβία άφησε πίσω του ο Σαρμπ της Charlie Hebdo
Το ολοκλήρωσε δύο ημέρες πριν πεθάνει
(in.gr)
(...)
Μέσα από τις σελίδες του, ο Σαρμπ εκφράζει ανησυχία επειδή η μάχη κατά του ρατσισμού έχει αντικατασταθεί από έναν πόλεμο κατά της «ισλαμοφοβίας», που όπως υποστηρίζει υπερασπίζεται το Ισλάμ περισσότερο απ' ό,τι τους μουσουλμάνους.
(...)
«Με ποια διεστραμμένη λογική το χιούμορ είναι λιγότερο συμβατό με το Ισλάμ απ' ό,τι με όποια άλλη θρησκεία; Αν αφήσουμε να θεωρηθεί ότι μπορούμε να γελάμε με τα πάντα εκτός από συγκεκριμένες πτυχές του Ισλάμ επειδή οι μουσουλμάνοι είναι πολύ πιο εύθικτοι από τον υπόλοιπο πληθυσμό, αυτό δεν είναι διάκριση;» τονίζει.

«Ήρθε η ώρα να σταματήσει αυτός ο αηδιαστικός πατερναλισμός των λευκών αστών, διανοούμενων 'αριστερών' που επιχειρούν να υπάρξουν ανάμεσα στους 'άτυχους, αμόρφωτους φτωχούς'» σημειώνει.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ομορφα κελιά
Κίττυ Ξενάκη | Τα Νέα 26/5/2015 |

Ο Πασκάλ Ρισέ, ο αρχισυντάκτης του «L'Obs», έχει μια σίγουρη απάντηση να δώσει σε όσους αναρωτιούνται σήμερα, εντός και εκτός Γαλλίας, πού βρίσκεται αυτό το περιβόητο (πνεύμα τού) «Charlie»: ονειρεύεται μέσα στην τουαλέτα του κελιού που μοιράζεται με άλλους, σε κάποιο μπουντρούμι της Σαουδικής Αραβίας.
Μπαίνοντας, ο Ραΐφ Μπαντάουι βλέπει παντού βρώμικα χαρτιά και ακαθαρσίες. Η κατάσταση, γράφει, είναι τρομακτική: «Βρώμικοι τοίχοι, σπασμένες σκουριασμένες πόρτες. Προσπαθώ να προσαρμοστώ, ώστε να αντιμετωπίσω αυτό το χάος. Και ενώ παρατηρώ με προσοχή τα εκατοντάδες γκραφίτι πάνω στους γλοιώδεις τοίχους, το βλέμμα μου πέφτει στη φράση: "Η κοσμικότητα είναι η λύση". Τρίβω τα μάτια μου για να βεβαιωθώ ότι βλέπω πράγματι αυτό που βλέπω». Και νιώθει σαν να βλέπει «μια πανέμορφη κοπέλα»:
«Ενιωσα τόση κατάπληξη όση και χαρά. Γιατί το να διαβάζω αυτό το υπέροχο απόφθεγμα εκεί, ανάμεσα στις εκατοντάδες χυδαιολογίες από κάθε αραβική διάλεκτο που βρώμιζαν αυτούς τους ελεεινούς τοίχους, αποδείκνυε πως υπήρχε εδώ τουλάχιστον ένας άνθρωπος που με καταλάβαινε, που καταλάβαινε γιατί μπήκα στη φυλακή».
Ο 31χρονος μπλόγκερ βρίσκεται στη φυλακή από το 2012 επειδή έκανε το λάθος να κηρύξει τη λογική, την κοσμικότητα, τη διαλλακτικότητα, την ελευθερία στη χώρα της παντοδυναμίας της σαρίας. Κρίθηκε ένοχος βλασφημίας και καταδικάστηκε σε βαρύτατη ποινή: 10 χρόνια φυλάκιση, 1.000 βουρδουλιές, ένα εκατομμύριο ριάλ, κάπου 200.000 ευρώ. Δέχθηκε τις 50 πρώτες βουρδουλιές στις 9 Ιανουαρίου, σε μια δημόσια πλατεία, «ανάμεσα σε ένα ενθουσιασμένο πλήθος» που φώναζε «Αλλάχ Ακμπάρ». Μπροστά στη διεθνή κατακραυγή οι εβδομαδιαίες σεάνς του μαστιγώματος ανεστάλησαν -μέχρι νεωτέρας. Ο Ραΐφ Μπαντάουι συνεχίζει να σαπίζει στις φυλακές περιμένοντας.
«Χίλιες βουρδουλιές επειδή τόλμησα να μιλήσω ελεύθερα» είναι ο τίτλος του μικρού βιβλίου στο οποίο συγκέντρωσε η Διεθνής Αμνηστία, θέλοντας να αναδείξει ακριβώς τον παραλογισμό της κατάστασης, 14 από τα άρθρα που στοίχισαν στον Μπαντάουι την ελευθερία του. Το βιβλιαράκι θα κυκλοφορήσει αρχές Ιουνίου μεταφρασμένο σε αρκετές γλώσσες και όλα τα έσοδα θα διατεθούν στη μάχη για την απελευθέρωση του 31χρονου. Τον πρόλογο τον υπαγόρευσε θαρραλέα ο ίδιος μέσα από τη φυλακή στη σύζυγό του, Ενσάφ Χαϊντάρ, που έχει καταφύγει μαζί με τα τρία τους παιδιά στον Καναδά. Από εκεί και η ιστορία με τα γκραφίτι στην τουαλέτα.

Πληροφορίες στα διεθνή μέσα με αναζήτηση για το όνομα Raif Badawi:
https://www.google.gr/search?q=raif+badawi&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&gws_rd=cr&ei=_odkVdTkC4u0sASH4oC4CA

Mob Attack, Fueled by Rumors of Cow Slaughter, Has Political Overtones in India
By DAVID BARSTOW and SUHASINI RAJ (ΝΥΤ)

Ten men were charged with murdering a Muslim man over rumors that a cow had been killed, raising questions about a group allied with Prime Minister Narendra Modi's party.

Το ξέσκισμα της απολύτως καταγέλαστης ιδέας δεν το απόλαυσα, γιατί ο αρθρογράφος είναι ρεπουμπλικανός από αυτούς που κατηγορούν τον Ομπάμα για τα ανοίγματά του στο Ιράν και στην Κούβα κλπ. Αλλά έμαθα δι' αυτού την περίπτωση του Σαουδάραβα ομοφυλόφιλου πρίγκιπα που δολοφόνησε τον υπηρέτη του με τον οποίο είχε σχέση σε 5άστερο ξενοδοχείο της Αγγλίας, καταδικάστηκε στην Αγγλία σε 20 χρόνια "τουλάχιστον", φυλακίστηκε, και τρία χρόνια μετά ανταλλάχθηκε με τη Σαουδική Αραβία στα πλαίσια του προγράμματος ανταλλαγής κρατουμένων μεταξύ των δύο χωρών με την πατροπαράδοτη φιλία...Ο πρίγκιπας αρνήθηκε ότι είναι ομοφυλόφιλος, παραδοχή που μπορούσε να του κοστίσει το κεφάλι στη Σαουδική Αραβία, πράγμα που προφανώς δεν ισχύει ούτε κατά διάνοια για τον φόνο του disposable Σουδανού υπηρέτη του.