Επειδή ορισμένοι πηγαίνουν με χίλια...

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Το πρώτο κατοστάρι ολοκληρώθηκε! Σε πολλά περισσότερα, Severus!

Severus.JPG

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Πολλές λεξιλογιακές ευχαριστίες στον cougr για τα χίλια μηνύματα που έχει καταθέσει στο φόρουμ, πάντα με θετική διάθεση, πνεύμα αλληλεγγύης και βαθιές γνώσεις. (Τα ευχαριστώ μου και στον παρατηρητικό κύριο που επισήμανε το μαγικό νούμερο!)

Earion

Staff member
Το παράρτημά μας στη Μελβούρνη σκίζει. Συγχαρητήρια και σε πολλά ακόμα!

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Με την ευκαιρία:
Η Μελβούρνη πήρε το όνομά της προς τιμήν του Ουίλιαμ Λαμ (William Lamb), 2ου υποκόμη του Μέλμπορν, ο οποίος ήταν ο μέντορας και πρώτος πρωθυπουργός της βασίλισσας Βικτωρίας — πρωθυπούργευε όταν η Μελβούρνη πήρε το σημερινό της όνομα, το 1837.

Ο Λαμ πήρε τον τίτλο από τον πατέρα του, τον πρώτο υποκόμη του Μέλμπορν. Ο τίτλος συνδεόταν με το αρχοντικό Melbourne Hall στο Melbourne της βόρειας Αγγλίας. Η πόλη ήταν γνωστή ήδη από το 1086, από το Μεγάλο Κτηματολόγιο (Domesday Book) του Γουλιέλμου του Κατακτητή, όπου καταγράφεται ως Mileburne, που σημαίνει μυλοπόταμος.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Πανάξιος, πάντ' άξιος για τη Λεξιλογία
Cougr καλός και διαλεχτός από την Αυστραλία!

Fireworks, please :up::

Under the boardwalk - John Cougar Mellencamp

Πολλές λεξιλογιακές ευχαριστίες στον cougr για τα χίλια μηνύματα που έχει καταθέσει στο φόρουμ, πάντα με θετική διάθεση, πνεύμα αλληλεγγύης και βαθιές γνώσεις. ...

Lo! here the gentle lark (Henry R. Bishop / William Shakespeare) - Nellie Melba*

Lo, here the gentle lark, weary of rest,
From his moist cabinet mounts up on high,
And wakes the morning, from whose silver breast
The sun ariseth in his majesty;
Who doth the world so gloriously behold
That cedar-tops and hills seem burnish'd gold.

Venus salutes him with this fair good-morrow:
'O thou clear god, and patron of all light,
From whom each lamp and shining star doth borrow
The beauteous influence that makes him bright,
There lives a son that suck'd an earthly mother,
May lend thee light, as thou dost lend to other.

* She took the pseudonym "Melba" from Melbourne, Victoria, her home town.

Από την Έμπαρο κρασί κι από τη Βιάννο λάδι
κι από το Μυλοπόταμο φίλος χωρίς ψεγάδι

cougr

¥
Με λίγη καθυστέρηση αλλά με περίσσια εκτίμηση θα ήθελα να σας ευχαριστήσω όλους μαζί και τον καθένα χωριστά, τόσο για τις ευχές και τα καλά σας λόγια - που βέβαια με υπερβαίνουν - όσο και για την αποδοχή σας, για το γεγονός ότι με υπομένετε στωικά τόσο καιρό, και προπαντός για τις ανεκτίμητες γνώσεις που μου έχετε προσφέρει. Να είστε καλά και καλή συνέχεια να έχουμε!!!

On a side note, daeman, I had completely forgotten that John Mellencamp had covered this song and it was a real pleasure to hear it again - thankyou! I remember when it was released in Australia, despite it being the B side song, it became an instant hit and was constantly played on the radio in preference to "R.O.C.K In The USA" which was the A side song.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
On a side note, daeman, I had completely forgotten that John Mellencamp had covered this song and it was a real pleasure to hear it again - thankyou! I remember when it was released in Australia, despite it being the B side song, it became an instant hit and was constantly played on the radio in preference to "R.O.C.K In The USA" which was the A side song.

Well, it's more pleasant to be under the boardwalk —down by the sea, on a blanket with your baby— than on a rock of any kind. :-) And gems have a tendency to hide in flipsides.

Here's two of its best covers, imho, for your boardwalks (never bored walks, hopefully):

The Rolling Stones

whose 1964 version was released as a single only in Australia and peaked at #1, but you're too young to remember that one (and I was one at the time, year old).

Rickie Lee Jones

from her 1983 EP Girl at Her Volcano which I'm proud to have, still. Still crazy after all these years.

Fue en un café - Los Apson Boys
Bajo la rambla - Los Gatos Salvajes + Unter dem Wartburg - Lothar & die Trabanten
安娜她爱我 - Wong Chin Yuen

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Επειδή για να φτάσεις στα χίλια περνάς πρώτα από τα εκατό, συγχαρητήρια και στον Παράκτιο για την πρώτη κατοστάρα του στη Λέξι.

Attachments

• CoFr100.JPG
    CoFr100.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 215

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Την έτρεξε κατοστάρι την πρώτη κατοστάρα! :clap: :upz:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Επειδή για να φτάσεις στα χίλια περνάς πρώτα από τα εκατό, συγχαρητήρια και στον Παράκτιο για την πρώτη κατοστάρα του στη Λέξι.

All down the line - Rolling Stones

Yeah, heard the diesel drumming all down the line
Oh, heard the wires a humming all down the line
Yeah, hear the women sighing all down the line

All down the line, we're gonna open up the throttle, yeah
All down the line, we're gonna bust another bottle, yeah
Well you can't say yes, and you can't say no
Just be right there when the whistle blows

Hear the whistle blowing, hear it for a thousand miles :up:

For CoastalFog though, despite the fog, I have to come clean; the first song that instantly came to mind this morning when I saw this with just one eye open -barely- was this masterpiece:

New York 1963 - America 1968 - Eric Burdon & The Animals

And when I got to America, I say it blew my mind

Smiling young faces of many colours
Many young tongues were being talked

From Every One of Us to every one of us.

Earion

Staff member
Τώρα, και με παράρτημα στο Όρεγκον, Lexilogia turns really international. Welcome aboard, Coastal Fog.

Lexilogia rules the waves and what's beyond. Κούγριε και Παράκτιε/ Ομιχλώδη (οι γνώμες για την ώρα διίστανται), πλουτίζετε τη Λεξιλογία και σας ευχαριστούμε γι' αυτό.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Παράκτιε/ Ομιχλώδη (οι γνώμες για την ώρα διίστανται)

Αρκεί να μη σε πιάσει το καββαδιακό σου και τον πεις Πούσι.

cougr

¥
Lexilogia rules the waves and what's beyond. Κούγριε και Παράκτιε/ Ομιχλώδη (οι γνώμες για την ώρα διίστανται), πλουτίζετε τη Λεξιλογία και σας ευχαριστούμε γι' αυτό.

Ευχαριστώ από καρδιάς, Θέμη.

Congratulations, Coastal Fog! At the rate you blew through your first 100 we should be calling you the Coastal Gust!:) At this rate you'll be hitting 1000 in a few weeks - that'll be one for the Guinness book of records!:D