Corporate jargon in English: any Greek matching horrors

rogne

¥
SBE is probably right, yet I tend to notice in Greece a rather frequent use of management speak in professional sports, and primarily in sports media (I guess that in the UK/USA this is just a special case of generic corporate talk, unlike Greece, where the generic use is rather weak, as SBE noticed). So that might be a good place to start if one wants to track this kind of talk in Greek.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Περί ομαδικότητας, η κλασική παπαρολογία το γνωστότερο κλισέ είναι νομίζω το "(πρέπει να) είμαστε ενωμένοι σαν γροθιά". Φαντάζομαι θα έρθει όπου να 'ναι ο Δαεμάνος να προσθέσει και το αντίστοιχο λεξι-νήμα ;-)

Yep. I'll just leave this here: the finger that sticks out gets hammered down.
The middle finger of the clenched fist, to the managerspeak.

Thanks to all for these answers: there are some brilliant ideas here. I liked both Marinos's and the Dr's clever renderings of 'there is no 'I' in team'. Inspiration has come. I had to suffer under the 'management' speak of a brainless headmaster, who wouldn't stop producing cliches of this kind. I couldn't resist answering that there were plenty of 'Is' in inspiration and initiative but 'let's throw it into the Colosseum and see what the lions do to it'.
Thanks, SBE, for convincing me that modern Greece has the good fortune not to be bedevilled by such dreadful corporate jargon. But thanks to all for their enlightened translations and comments.
A note: when is it correct to write in grayscale? Is there a general rule?

A note: when is it correct to write in grayscale? Is there a general rule?

Theseus, we usually write here in grayscale when we go off-topic trying to show how smart we are -- so don't take puns like ωμάδα too seriously! So, if you are seeking real Greek forms of "'There's no 'I' in team", you'd better be satisfied with the Doctor's or Themis' suggestions in #9 and #11.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
... A note: when is it correct to write in grayscale? Is there a general rule?

Theseus, we usually write here in grayscale when we go off-topic trying to show how smart we are -- so don't take puns like ωμάδα too seriously!

When we feel like saying something under our breath, ​whispering, mumbling, or simply daemaning (not demeaning, mind you, at least not very often; which was in olivegreenscale at first but I'm graying out).

Τα χρώματα του φόρουμ - Γρήγορος οδηγός