σουρλουλού

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
ΛΚΝ said:
Mε έφαγε στο ζύγι
Never heard this one. Usually "Με έκλεψε στο ζύγι".

Χμμ, τώρα που είναι πάλι στην επικαιρότητα ο Πύρρος Δήμας, μήπως είναι χρήσιμο για ορολογία της άρσης βαρών; Εκεί που όταν σηκώσουν τα ίδια κιλά, κερδίζει ο ελαφρότερος; ;)

bernardina

Χμμ, τώρα που είναι πάλι στην επικαιρότητα ο Πύρρος Δήμας, μήπως είναι χρήσιμο για ορολογία της άρσης βαρών; Εκεί που όταν σηκώσουν τα ίδια κιλά, κερδίζει ο ελαφρότερος; ;)

Άρα η γνωστή προτροπή πρέπει να αλλάξει σε: Πύρρο, κάτσε κάτω από τον Μπένι!!! :laugh:

Σόρι για το άσχετο, αλλά δεν κρατήθηκα :s:eek:

Can you explain the joke to me? I know it's something to do with Pyrros Dimas being appointed in charge of the ballot system of PASOK.

Μπράβο σου τ' αξίζεις
που μ' έχεις καταφέρει
Πώς αντέχω ακόμα
ένας Θεός το ξέρει
Κι ύστερα από τόσα δαχτυλίδια
Μ' έχεις και κοιμάμαι,
κοιμάμαι στα σανίδια

Well done you, you deserve it
Who have got round me
How can I still cope
God only knows
And after all those rings
You have me and I sleep
I sleep on boards

Is this a correct translation? The words in bold puzzle me. They clearly mean something else.

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Can you explain the joke to me? I know it's something to do with Pyrros Dimas being appointed in charge of the ballot system of PASOK.
It was something his coach used to shout at him in order to encourage him when he was competing: «Κάτσε κάτω από την μπάρα!» ("Stay under the bar [and lift the barbell]") If you google the Greek phrase, I'm sure you'll find youtube videos with the original scene.

The coach's words have become very famous, mostly because Pyrros Dimas won golden metals in the Olympics. Bernadina is playing with words, because Pyrros Dimas is now a candidate MP with PASOK, whose leader is Evangelos Venizelos, or "Bennie", as he is called jocularly (or affectionately, depends if you're a voter or not :D). Bernadina is basically saying: "Pyrro, stay under Bennie [and lift him to support him]". I'm sure she'll explain herself, though :)

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Μπράβο σου τ' αξίζεις
που μ' έχεις καταφέρει
Πως αντέχω ακόμα
ένας Θεός το ξέρει
Κι ύστερα από τόσα δαχτυλίδια
Μ' έχεις και κοιμάμαι,
κοιμάμαι στα σανίδια

Well done you, you deserve it
Who have got round me
How can I still cope
God only knows
And after all those rings
You have me and I sleep
I sleep on boards
Is this a correct translation? The words in bold puzzle me. They clearly mean something else.

Μ' έχεις και [...] means you have me [...]ing. You'd say, for example: μ' έχεις και περιμένω 1 ώρα! You've had me waiting for an hour!. Μ'έχεις και κοιμάμαι στα σανίδια (the repetition only serves the rhythm of the song) means "you have me sleeping on the floorboards [because you have used me and taken all my money and now I don't even have a bed]".

Your gut feeling is correct. It's "you have me sleeping on the floor".

Edit: never mind. Read Palavra's much more insightful post.;)

bernardina

Excellent! :clap::clap:

Thanks for the interpretation of the joke, Palavra, doctor! Wouldn't have done better myself ;)