Εσείς τι είδατε στο επετειακό βίντεο του ΕΟΤ;

cougr

¥
Irini, I was just reading about it at the site tovima.gr. The topic has made headlines this morning in all the major papers here too. Like yourself, I'd prefer not to comment either, suffice to say that Alex Cherney, the award-winning Australian astro-photographer who shot the original footage, wasn't impressed in the least.

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Η μυθολογία του Ουρανού, σε όλα τα πλάτη και τα μήκη της γης είναι Ελληνική

Και φυσικά, θα έπρεπε να περιλαμβάνεται στις στοιχειώδεις γενικές γνώσεις, ότι ο ουρανός στο Νότιο Ημισφαίριο (και ιδίως στην Αυστραλία) δεν ήταν γνωστός ούτε στους Έλληνες, ούτε στους Άραβες (που τους διαδέχτηκαν στο βάφτισμα των αστεριών) ούτε στους Ευρωπαίους που πρωτοταξίδεψαν σε αυτά τα νερά από τον 15ο αιώνα.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Το ερώτημα είναι: Did I feel cheated? Was I deceived into thinking that this was part of Greece? Η απάντηση είναι ναι. Η λήψη είναι εντυπωσιακή (στο 5:24 του βίντεο), αλλά όσο μεγάλος κι αν αποδείχτηκε ο πειρασμός, δεν κάνεις τέτοιες μαϊμουδιές σε βίντεο διεθνούς προβολής. Και, όταν γίνουν οι μαϊμουδιές, φροντίζεις να τις διορθώσεις με αντρίκιους τρόπους, όχι σαχλές δικαιολογίες.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Irini, I was just reading about it at the site tovima.gr. The topic has made headlines this morning in all the major papers here too. Like yourself, I'd prefer not to comment either, suffice to say that Alex Cherney, the award-winning Australian astro-photographer who shot the original footage, wasn't impressed in the least.

Astrophotographer detects traces of ‘My Big Fat Greek Wedding’ in tourism agency statement
“When I saw EOT claiming in a statement that ‘The mythology of the sky, at all latitudes and longitudes of the earth, is Greek’, all I could think of was the line ‘Give me any word, and I show you how the root is Greek from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. That sort of claim denies other sky cultures, like those of the Inuit and Aboriginal,” says Cherney, who has mapped Aboriginal astronomical constellations for Stellarium, a free, open-source planetarium computer programme.
Cherney points out that ancient Greek sailors would have been very confused had they encountered the night sky visible in his Ocean Sky video. “While there no southern constellations in it, what you see – like the Scorpius – are all upside down. And just off screen to the left is the Southern Cross, which the ancient Greeks did not know about. If ancient Greeks sailors used these for navigation, they would have ended up in Australia.”

Not the gods again! Greece launches new tourism ‘communications strategy’

How tacky can you get? A statue of the god Hercules superimposed on a scene from Olympia

The result is a hackneyed, corny and stodgy attempt. The tacky superimposed images of Greek gods on Greek archaeological sites or countryside is something you’d expect to see on the
book-selling TV shows of New Democracy rightwing MP Adonis Georgiadis.

No, not a screenshot from an Adonis Georgiadis book-selling video

In London, Kefalogianni told journalists and industry representatives that Greek tourism is not just about “sun and sea” but it’s a “varied product with themed sections which are developing and aim to cover all the interests of a modern and selective visitor”. If that is the case, one wonders why a video was made whose target audience seems to be middle-aged male writers fascinated by Greek mythology since childhood who can come to Greece alone for a month but can afford to stay a year.

The video is a far cry from the vibrancy of the New York Times’ recent guide on what to do in 36 hours in Athens*, which understandably went viral because it seemed to have been written with attracting real tourists in mind: people who want good food, to know about what museums and sites to visit and to get a taste of contemporary Greek life.

The video was directed by Andonis Theocharis Kioukas and was conceived by Nicholas Stamolidis, an archaeology professor at the University of Crete and director of the Museum of Cycladic Art in Athens. The fictional writer in the film is played by Don Morgan Nielsen, who has worked as a translator. The music is by composer Dimitis Papadimitriou.

If this video is the best that Greece’s tourism agency EOT can come up with, then it only serves to confirm journalist Pavlos Zafiropoulos’ recent point that this is a
country of riches led by impoverished minds.

* Athens is (or could be) the most beautiful city in the world

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Greece - Stian Rekdal

BEST VIEWED IN FULLSCREEN HD - SCALING OFF

- Music: Burnt City by One hour before the trip - ohbtt.gr

- This is a collection of timelapses and video I shot with Nikon D700, D7000 and GoPro cameras over 16 days in May 2012.
In total, we covered around 2500km by car and ended up with more than 116000 pictures and video (over 2TB of data). The motion-control sequences were done with a Dynamic Perception stage zero dolly and a Celestron Skywatcher backpacker 80/Merlin tracking head.
Post processed with Adobe Lightroom, Adobe After Effects, SNS HDR Pro and LRTimelapse.
Individual scenes available in 4k resolution on request.

Locations: Athens, Meteora, Zagori, Zakynthos, Olympia, Dimitsana, Argos, Nafplio, Epidavros and Santorini.

Controversial Greek tourism video hit by plagiarism claims
Originally from Norway but now living in Athens,
Stian Rekdal produced the spectacular timelapse video, simply entitled Greece, after clocking up 2,500km in a 16-day road trip in 2012 during which he managed to take over 116,000 images.

The six-minute video has been watched by nearly 100,000 people since going on line over two years ago. It was so successful that shortly after posting it to video sharing site Vimeo, LG purchased some clips from it to demonstrate the quality of television screens worldwide. That contract ran for two years, Rekdal explains. “If you were looking to buy an LG television during that time, you probably saw my work on the screen in the shops,” he said.
Footage taken by Rekdal on the Cycladic island of Santorini and in Zagorochoria in the northwestern region of Epirus are among those used in the EOT video. Although Rekdal watermarked the original video with a copyright logo, this was removed in most of the clips used by Visit Greece. The copyright watermark is, however, visible in a clip from Ancient Olympia, onto which the tourism agency superimposed an image of Hercules.

Rekdal said he was alerted about the copyright infringement by an Australian colleague,
Alex Cherney, who discovered that a timelapse sequence he took of the Twelve Apostles, a famous Australian landmark, was included in the Greek tourism video, again without his prior knowledge or permission. Cherney’s watermark was also not visible in the Visit Greece video.

Although the tourism agency credits other photographers for the use of their work, neither Rekdal or Cherney are acknowledged anywhere in the video. Rekdal also suspects that since emailing Visit Greece on Sunday for an explanation, a number of scenes were subsequently removed from its video.
Rekdal said EOT’s use of his material without permission is all the more surprising as it’s not the first time it’s happened. Last June, he spotted other intellectual property of his in another Visit Greece video and was duly compensated for it by the production company that made the advertisement.

SBE

¥
Μα πόσο τσαπατσούληδες είναι πιά όσοι ασχολούνται με κοπιράιτ;

cougr

¥
Προσέτι, λες και δεν υπήρχαν πλάνα ή έργα ελληνικά τα οποία θα μπορούσαν έπρεπε να αξιοποιούνται από τον ΕΟΤ.

Ένα παράδειγμα: το εντυπωσιακό βίντεο χρονορροής τού έναστρου ουρανού από τον εικοσιδυάχρονο Κωνσταντίνο Βασιλακάκο