Αλλαγές στο φόρουμ

Bill

¥
Attached is a portion of the first page as it appears on my screen. Ignore the bad printing; the problem is the truncation and squashing together of the "headlines," which makes them difficult or impossible to read. Though it's the only site where this occurs, I realize it must be my problem, not yours. However, if someone out there can suggest a way to adjust my computer (Windows XP, IE7) to eliminate the problem, I'd be very grateful! It would make visiting the site just a bit more useful and rewarding than it already is.

Attachments

• Lexilogia.jpg
    Lexilogia.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 214

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bill, I don't know if you have tried clearing the cache. Whenever I have this kind of problem with a site, I go to my web browser and clear the cache, and the problem is solved. I have Windows XP, too. If this is not the solution, please wait for the experts. :)

Bill

¥
Assuming "clearing the cache" means deleting temporary Internet files — I've done that, without seeing any improvement. But thanks anyway, Alexandra! Maybe I'm meant to live with this problem...
I wonder if anyone else is having the same difficulty.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, Bill. This is most peculiar and unprecedented. Using the same configuration (XP & IE7), I get a clear picture. And Lexx could only say: Βάλε Firefox να δεις την υγειά σου. (Kids love simple answers, but I tend to agree.)

Just try it. It will only take a couple of minutes and you'll see a world of difference.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Does it happen when viewing other webpages as well? When viewing Lexilogia with a different browser?
I suggest setting the default text size in the browser (Firefox: press Ctrl and zero, IE: View > Text size >Medium).
On a second thought, do you happen to have altered the Windows' "DPI setting" ? The default value is 96 DPI. To check this, pls. follow these steps:
Right click anywhere on the desktop, select Properties. Go to the Settings tab and click Advanced. There it is.

Edit: The default might not be 96 dpi on your monitor. It could be dependent on the screen size. But, make sure you have "Normal size" selected (whatever dpi number is next to it).

Last edited:

Bill

¥
Yes, the DPI had been set to "large size." I set it back to 96 & rebooted, but the headline problem remains the same. Thanks anyway for trying to help!

Bill

¥
Topic titles and topics look perfect. Only the large-letter labels are sliced and smashed together, some of them illegibly. But who cares about labels? No more belly-aching from Bill. Avanti, ragazzi!

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Bug report:
Όταν γίνεται edit σε ποστ, εμφανίζεται στο κάτω μέρος το εξής:
div class="smallfont">

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Αφήστε το εικονικό γατάκι να ασκείται, δεν κουράζεται. (Δεν κουράζεται αυτό, τουλάχιστον. Εμείς έχουμε κουραστεί να το βλέπουμε. Έπρεπε να βάλουμε κανόνα, να αλλάζουν οι αβατάρες κάθε Δευτέρα.)
Αν έχετε κουραστεί να το βλέπετε, αρχίστε να μαζεύετε υπογραφές για να μου επιτραπεί να έχω animated gif στην υπογραφή μου - όταν γίνει αυτό, θα δώσω "ελεύθεροι" να χαλαρώσει ο ψάρακας ο γαλιδεύς. ;)

Προτείνω να μη γίνει αλλαγή στο Quote. Πιο εύκολα σβήνει (control-A, Del) παρά μπαίνει.

Αυτό που είχα κατά νου ήταν [εδώ παίρνω το χατζηαβάτικο ύφος] αν γίνεται, πολυχρονεμένοι μου, να υπάρχουν δύο κουμπάκια, ένα reply και ένα reply with quote.

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Πες το, βρε παιδί μου! Μ' αρέσει αυτή η πρόταση, λοιπόν: reply και reply with quote.

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Υπόψιν ότι θεωρείται γυναικείο ελάττωμα, που δημιουργεί παρεξηγήσεις, να λένε πέντε και να απαιτούν να καταλάβεις εκατό. (Σε πιο βαριά μορφή, δεν λένε τίποτα και απαιτούν να τα καταλάβεις όλα.)

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Υπόψιν ότι θεωρείται γυναικείο ελάττωμα, που δημιουργεί παρεξηγήσεις, να λένε πέντε και να απαιτούν να καταλάβεις εκατό. (Σε πιο βαριά μορφή, δεν λένε τίποτα και απαιτούν να τα καταλάβεις όλα.)
Δεν είναι γυναικείο ελάττωμα - είναι ευθεία απόδειξη της ανωτερότητας του γυναικείου εγκεφάλου (ή, τουλάχιστον, έτσι τους λέω για να τις ευμενίζω). :D

Μωρέ ελάττωμα είναι, και από τα πιο σπαστικά... Μόνο που στη δική μου περίπτωση πρόκειται για καμμένα εγκεφαλικά κύτταρα και τίποτα άλλο.

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Ευχαριστώ τον πολυχρονεμένο σουλτάνο της Λεξιλογίας, τον Μέγα Γεωμέτρη της vBulletin, που εισάκουσε τους αληγείς ζαζούλειους θρήνους και διπλασίασε το όριο των ΡΜ (για τους Σενιόρ, τουλάχιστον). :)

ΥΓ Μπερδεγουέι, οι Σενιόρ έγιναν πλέον κουαρτέτο - καλωσήρθες, ω Κόμης! :D

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
About Bill's complaint: I think I may have an answer. Here is the screenshot of a web-page I visited today using Firefox:

When I visited the same page using Internet Explorer, it appeared perfectly normal.
So, maybe just changing the browser you use will solve the problem - although I don't know its nature and origin.