Thread: προς το παρόν μονόδρομης μιας

προς το παρόν μονόδρομης μιας

In the blog of Elias Mamalakis [http://www.eliasmamalakis.gr/home.asp ] is the above phrase προς το παρόν μονόδρομης μιας which must mean something like 'currently because of my one track schedule'. I don't get the grammar of it. Mια is used as a noun (sc.οδός??0 'road and why the genitive after προς το παρόν; Help is needed.

The mystery of the missing comma.

The text should be read thus:

Η ανάγκη της επικοινωνίας όμως παραμένει. Προς το παρόν μονόδρομης, μιας και τα συνεχή ταξίδια μου [...]

However, the need of communication remains. One-way for the time being, as my continuing travels [...]
    Wer die Wahrheit nicht weiß, der ist bloß ein Dummkopf. Aber wer sie weiß, und sie eine Lüge nennt, der ist ein Verbrecher!
    We base decisions on facts, not superstition, not what our ideology tells us but rather what we can observe

δεῖ δὲ χρημάτων, καὶ ἄνευ τούτων οὐδὲν ἔστι γενέσθαι τῶν δεόντων
    Η Ελλάδα είναι Ευρώπη, η Ευρώπη είναι Ελλάδα!

Oh, yes. The importance of punctuation. Like the classic joke with the panda who eats in a bar, then starts shooting people before leaving. When asked why he did this, he pointed at the description for Pandas, in a book: "The Panda is a large black-and-white mammal, native to China. Eats, shoots and leaves".

Let's make a separate entry for the conjunction:

μια και / μιας και / μια που, σε υποτακτική σύνδεση εισάγει δευτερεύουσες αιτιολογικές προτάσεις και εκφέρει το βασικό λόγο εξαιτίας του οποίου ισχύει αυτό που εκφράζει η κύρια πρόταση· αφού, εφόσον: Ας συνεχίσουμε το παραμύθι, μια και και το ζητάτε. | Μιας και το θέλεις, θα σου πω τη γνώμη μου. Μια που το 'φερε ο λόγος, τι κάνουν οι παλιοί σου γείτονες;
    since, seeing that, now that
    http://www.komvos.edu.gr/dictonlinep...&target_dict=1
    Μένω ΕυρώπηΣύγκρουση ιδεών, όχι βία και μισαλλοδοξία: δεν οδηγούν πουθενά. (Λ. Κύρκος)Αριστεία, ρε!
    ΕΝΑ ΝΗΜΑ ΤΗΝ ΗΜΕΡΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΝΙΑ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΠΕΡΑ. Staying hungry, staying foolish. Το διαδίκτυο βλάπτει όταν δεν σκέφτεσαι.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellegennes View Post
    Oh, yes. The importance of punctuation...
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places.

Punctuation saves lives, indeed: http://lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread...l=1#post201281
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".
    -Isaak Asimov

Καλησπέρα, Palavra, χαιρόμαστε πολύ που σ' έχουμε νέο μέλος στην παρέα της Λεξιλογίας!
    http://lexilogia.gr/forum/showthread...l=1#post227443

Quote Originally Posted by daeman View Post
    Punctuation saves lives, indeed
    ...and goes a long way

I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell - you see, I have friends in both places.