metafrasi banner

to be up with the lark

To be up with the lark (British, American & Australian) also be up with the crows (Australian) means to be awake and out of your bed early in the morning.
Usage notes: Larks and crows are birds that start singing very early in the morning.The lark particularly is a songbird well known for its early morning song.
--You were up with the lark this morning!
Further examples are:-
--I'm going to bed early tonight because I was up with the lark this morning and I'm very tired.
--The farmer is up with the lark every day.
-- My grandparents are up with the lark every morning.:sleep:

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Και ξυπνάω από τα αξημέρωτα/από τα άγρια χαράματα.

@Theseus: please remember to add links when you copy examples or definitions from other sites. Thanks! :)

[...]
Usage notes: Larks and crows are birds that start singing very early in the morning.The lark particularly is a songbird well known for its early morning song.[...]

Και η σχετική μουσική τεκμηρίωση! :p

The lark in the morning - the Dubliners

Cadmian

We also say, «ξυπνάμε να μοιράσουμε το γάλα», mostly used as a retort.

Examples:

-Για Κυριακή μεσημέρι 1200 καφεδάκι στη λιακάδα (ή και στη βροχούλα) με τη θέα απο τον προφήτη Ηλία, ειμαι μέσα με τα χίλια !Αλλά στις ανήλιαγες υπόγες του δεν κατεβαίνω, να ξηγιόμαστε.Ίσως ένα καφεδάκι ζέσταμα μέχρι να μαζευτούν οι λοιπές;
-Για μπόουλινγκ είπαμε να πάμε, όχι για να μοιράσουμε το γάλα :p (Πηγή)

-Aλλάξανε τα σχέδια.Aναχώρηση Παρασκευή πρωί 5.00 τα χαράματα.
-Θα σε δαγκώσω!Ε όχι και 5 το πρωι το γάλα θα μοιράσουμε; (Πηγή)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
I dare any larks to come and wake me early in the morning, if they have any use for their tongues and don't want them to end up in aspic (or maybe a pie) :twit: :

Larks' Tongues in Aspic - King Krimson

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ανάλογα το lark που σε ξυπνάει Δαεμάνε... :whistle:
[...]

Όχι, ανάλογα με το πώς και πόσο έχω κοιμηθεί. Άκου που σου λέω, Κάδμειε, με ξέρω καλά πια. Κι όσοι με ξέρουν, ξέρουν πότε πρέπει να με αποφεύγουν, την ώρα που ξυπνάω με το ζόρι, γιατί μανίζω και δαιμονίζομαι με το τίποτα.
Καλό το βίδεο, δε λέω, για μένα όμως όχι τα πρωινά (για μένα, για τους περισσότερους είναι μεσημέρια). :)