Δαι μουσικές (daeman's tunes)

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Το είχαμε εκεί το 2010 κι εκεί το 2012 αλλά πάπαλα, γι' αυτό ορίστε η επετειακή έκδοση ενός αριστουργήματος, με ένα μικρό ποίημα από τον Μόρισον στην αρχή και μικροδιαφορές στην παραγωγή από την εκδοχή του δίσκου.

The Soft Parade - The Doors

All our lives we sweat and save
Building for a shallow grave
Must be something else, we say
Somehow to defend this place

But it's getting harder to describe sailors to the underfed

We need someone, something new
Something else to get us through

Επίσης, λάιβ το 1969 από μια εκπομπή του PBS:

κι εκεί ολόκληρος ο δίσκος.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Από τα ανάλεκτα, στο Fire, Water, Burn των Bloodhound Gang (Gulf Oil reggae version):

Yeah, I'm hung like planet Pluto, hard to see with the naked eye
But if I crashed into Uranus, I would stick it where the sun don't shine
Cause you're kind of like Han Solo always stroking your own wookie
I'm the root of all that's evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Sister Midnight - Blondie with Robert Fripp (12-11-1978)

Ο Ίγκι με τον Δούκα το έγραψαν, η Μπλόντι το λέει, κι ο Φριπ το φριπάρει.

Τι άλλο να ζητήσει κανείς; Εκτός απ' το να 'τανε τότε εκεί, λέει, δεκαπεντάρης στα ντουζένια του...

Ή εκεί:

Iggy Pop + David Bowie

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Summertime (the Balkan way) - Fanfare Ciocărlia

Fanfare Ciocărlia is a popular twelve-piece Balkan Brass Band/Romani brass band from the northeastern Romanian village of Zece Prăjini. The band began as a loose assemblage of part-time musicians playing at local weddings and baptisms. In October 1996, the German sound engineer and record producer Henry Ernst visited Zece Prajini and convinced a number of the musicians there to assemble a touring band. These musicians decided to name the band Fanfare Ciocărlia: Fanfare being a French word that has passed into Romanian and is used to designate a brass band; Ciocărlia being the Romanian word for the skylark. [...]

007 / James Bond Theme

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
L'Orient est Rouge (Electric Gypsyland) - Lightning Head vs. Kočani Orkestar

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Đelem, Đelem (Opre Roma) - Žarko Jovanović Jagdino

Romani | English translation by Ronald Lee
|
Djelem, djelem, lungone dromensa | I have travelled over long roads
Maladilem baxtale Romensa | I have met fortunate Roma
Djelem, djelem, lungone dromensa | I have travelled far and wide
Maladilem baxtale Romensa. | I have met lucky Roma
Ay, Romale, Ay, Chavale, | Oh, Romani adults, Oh Romani youth
Ay, Romale, Ay, Chavale. |Oh, Romani adults, Oh Romani youth
|
Ay Romale, katar tumen aven | Oh, Roma, from wherever you have come
Le tserensa baxtale dromensa |With your tents along lucky roads
Vi-man sas u bari familiya |I too once had a large family
Tai mudardya la e kali legiya. | But the Black Legion murdered them
Aven mansa sa lumiake Roma | Come with me, Roma of the world
Kai putaile le Romane droma | To where the Romani roads have been opened
Ake vryama – ushti Rom akana | Now is the time – stand up, Roma,
Ame xutasa mishto kai kerasa. | We shall succeed where we make the effort
Ay, Romale, Ay Chavale | Oh, Roma adults, Oh, Roma youth
Ay, Romale, Ay Chavale | Oh, Roma adults, Oh, Roma youth

Gelem, Gelem is a song composed by Žarko Jovanović, often used as the anthem of the Romani people. The title has been adapted in many countries by local Roma to match their native orthography and spoken dialect of the Romani language. Some of the song's many titles include, "Gyelem, Gyelem", "Jelem, Jelem", "Dzelem, Dzelem", "Dželem, Dželem", "Đelem, Đelem", "Djelem, Djelem", "Ђелем, Ђелем", "Ѓелем, Ѓелем","Џелем, Џелем", "Джелем, джелем" (cyrillic), "Opré Roma" and "Romale Shavale". In an interview with reporter Mike Kalezić, Jovanović himself titled the song ‘Opre Roma’.

After experiencing firsthand the incarceration of Roma during the Porajmos (the Romani Holocaust of World War II), Jovanović later composed the lyrics of Gelem, Gelem and set them to a traditional melody in 1949. The song was first adopted by delegates of the first World Romani Congress held in 1971.
There are many versions of Gelem, Gelem, notably those translated by Ronald Lee.
http://issuu.com/greysquirrel/docs/grthm_mag_2010/18

http://www.doslunares.org/blog/?p=67

http://www.unionromani.org/gelem.htm

[SIZE=+2]
T
[/SIZE]his verse of Gelem, Gelem was inspired by Roma in the Nazi concentration camps of World War II. There are other verses by different authors, so there exist several versions of this song. The song Gelem, Gelem is also known by the names Djelem, Djelem, Opré Roma, and
Romale Shavale.

Elena Marushiakova and Vesselin Popov in their study of the song, provide the following history:

Milan Aivazov from Plodiv [Bulgaria], born in 1922, a self-taught cymbal player and a long-time musician in the popular Aivazov Duet, says that he can remember the popular melody of "Zhelim, Zhelim" from his grandfather but he has forgotten the old words. He thinks that the song is extremely melodious, but it used to be played in a triple time and it was actually an old Rumanian song rewritten by Gypsy musicians in Serbia who changed the tempo. (Continent newspaper, # 222, 9, 22, 95, p.6) There are other explanations according to which this is a Gypsy melody originating in Rumania and popular in variety shows in Paris in the 20's and 30's. In any case, this was a very popular song among Serbian Gypsies in the 60's and there are various texts to the melody.

The melody of this song became popular in Europe in the end of the 60's from
Alexander Petrovic's film Skupljaci perja (The Buyer of Feathers) known under the name I Have Met Some Happy Gypsies [στδ. Συνάντησα κι ευτυχισμένους Τσιγγάνους]. There was a meeting of Comité International Tsigane in April 8-12, 1971 in London, attended by Gypsies from different countries, which became the First World Roma Congress. The Congress decided to form a new international Gypsy organisation. Later on, at the Second Congress in 1978 in Geneva, this organisation took the name Romani Ekhipe or Romani Union. As Donald Kenrick remembers, Jarko Jovanovic and Dr. Jan Cibula prepared a new text for the popular melody during the Congress. In its new variant the song "Gelem, Gelem" was liked by everyone, it was unanimously accepted as the Congress song and the Congress ended with it.

One of the decisions of the Congress was "to have an international competition for the words and music of an international Romani anthem" and it was this song that actually became the anthem. At the international meetings and congresses which followed the "Romani Anthem" was already taken for granted and was gradually accepted by the Gypsy organisations in the European countries and by public opinion. Its universal acceptance was assisted by the fact that the song "Djelem, Djelem" was included in the records of the popular Yugoslavian singer Šaban Bairamovic in the 80's which inspired new folklore variants. The song became popular as an "anthem" among Gypsies from various countries (mainly in Eastern Europe), but it did not replace the numerous folklore variants which were already in existence.**

* "Black Legions" refers to the Nazi SS (Schutzstaffel; German: "Protective Echelon"), so called because of the black uniforms they wore. The SS included the Gestapo secret police and the Death's Head Battalion (Totenkopfverbande) concentration camp units.

** Excerpted from Studii Romani, Vol. II, p.21-22, published by the Minority Studies Society, Sofia, Bulgaria
©1995 by Elena Marushiakova and Vesselin Popov, Editors

Reprinted by the Patrin Web Journal with permission of the authors.
Posted 5 January 1998.
http://web.archive.org/web/20091027175152/http://geocities.com/~Patrin/gelem.htm
Djelem Djelem - Barcelona Gipsy Klezmer Orchestra

Sandra Sangiao (Vocals - Catalunya)

Robindro Nikolic (Clarinet - Serbia/India)
Mattia Schirosa (Accordeon - Italy)
Julien Chanal (Guitar - France)
Ivan Kovacevic (Double Bass - Serbia)
Stelios Togias (Percussion - Greece)
Vroni Schnattinger (Violin - Germany)

Γητεύτηκα.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Not as much as football - Mojo Nixon

I love you more than Richard Petty
I love you more than spaghetti
I love you more than a meatball
But not as much as football
:whistle: :rolleyes:

Φανταστικές οι δύο εκτελέσεις του Sister Midnight, δαεμάνε! Με εξαίρεση την ερμηνεία της Μπλόντι ("lead singer of Blondie who is sometimes erroneously referred to by that name"), που τη βρήκα ανέμπνευστη. Η κιθάρα του Φριππ, ηλεκτρική και ηλεκτρίζουσα.

---------------
Άκλαυτος πέρασε ο πιανίστας και συνθέτης Horace Silver (1928-2014), σπουδαίος εκπρόσωπος του hard bop και αστέρι της δισκογραφικής εταιρείας Blue Note. Ας δακρύσουν οι ευαίσθητες ψυχές γι' αυτόν τον ιδανικό μιγάδα με όχημα το It Never Entered My Mind:

Άντε και μια άλλη εκτέλεση, φωνή (Julie London) - κιθάρα (του Barney Kessell σύμφωνα μ' έναν σχολιαστή· υπέροχη πάντως):