Page 189 of 246 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 199 239 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 2459

Thread: Δαι μουσικές (daeman's tunes)

Ellington at Newport (1956, Remastered 1999 CD)

Personnel, Track listing.

In 1996, a tape was discovered in the Voice of America's archive of its radio broadcasts which changed everything. It turned out that the 1956 album which was produced had indeed been fabricated with studio performances mixed with some live recordings and artificial applause. Only about 40% of the 1956 recording was actually live. The reason for this was that Ellington felt the under-rehearsed Festival suite had not been performed up to recording release standards, and he wished to have a better version on tape if it was to be issued on record. Producer George Avakian did as Ellington asked and the band entered the studio immediately after the festival. Avakian mixed in the studio version with portions of the live performance. The applause was dubbed onto the original release to cover up the fact that Gonsalves had been playing into the wrong microphone and was often completely inaudible.

On the 1999 reissue, the VoA live recording and the live Columbia tapes were painstakingly pieced together using digital technology to create a stereophonic recording of the most well-known Ellington performance of the past fifty years, this time with Gonsalves's solo clearly heard, though the beginning of the audience cheering and noise at around the seventh or eighth chorus of the solo can still be heard as well. (Stereophonic LP records were not mass-produced until 1957, the year after the recording.)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellingt...ort#Recordings
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

Ronnie's Bonnie - Reuben Wilson

Blue Mode

When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

Fleetwood Mac (1968 vinyl + 1999 re-release tracks) - Fleetwood Mac

Peter Green – vocals, guitar, harmonica / Jeremy Spencer – vocals, slide guitar, piano
    John McVie – bass guitar / Mick Fleetwood – drums / Bob Brunning – bass guitar on "Long Grey Mare"

01 - My Heart Beat Like a Hammer 00:00 / 02 - Merry-Go-Round 03:31 / 03 - Long Grey Mare 07:50
    04 - Hellhound on My Trail 10:06 / 05 - Shake Your Moneymaker 12:12 / 06 - Looking for Somebody 15:26
    07 - No Place to Go 18:17 / 08 - My Babys Good to Me 21:38 / 09 - I Loved Another Woman 24:29
    10 - Cold Black Night 27:25 / 11 - The World Keep on Turning 30:42 / 12 - Got to Move 33:11

13 - My Heart Beat Like a Hammer [-] 36:31 / 14 - Merry-Go-Round [-] 40:15
    15 - I Loved Another Woman (Takes 1, 2, 3 & 4) [-] 41:11 / 16 - I Loved Another Woman (Takes 5 & 6) [-] 47:19
    17 - Cold Black Night (Takes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6) [-] 52:30 / 18 - You're So Evil [*] 57:59 / 19 - I'm Coming Home to Stay [-] 1:01:06

The English continue to prove how well into the blues they really are, and know how to lay it down and shove it back across the Atlantic. Fleetwood Mac are representative of how far the blues has penetrated — far enough for a group of London East-Enders to have cut a record potent enough to make the South Side of Chicago take notice.

~ Barry Gifford, Rolling Stone, August 10, 1968

Mr. Wonderful - Fleetwood Mac

Peter Green – vocals, guitar, harmonica / Jeremy Spencer – vocals, slide guitar
    John McVie – bass guitar / Mick Fleetwood – drums
    +
    Christine Perfect – keyboards, piano, vocals / Duster Bennett – harmonica
    Steve Gregory, Dave Howard – alto saxophone / Johnny Almond, Roland Vaughan – tenor saxophone

01 - Stop Messin' Round 00:00 / 02 - I've Lost My Baby 02:34 / 03 - RoIlin Man 06:53 / 04 - Dust My Broom 09:45
    05 - Love That Burns 12:39 / 06 - Doctor Brown 17:43 / 07 - Need Your Love Tonight 21:29
    08 - lf You Be My Baby 24:57 / 09 - Evenin' Boogie 28:51 / 10 - Lazy Poker Blues 31:32
    11 - Coming Home 34:09 / 12 - Trying So Hard to Forget 36:49

13 - Stop Messin' Round [Takes 1, 2, 3]
    41:40 / 14 - Stop Messin' Round [Take 5] 46:14
    15 - I Held My Baby Last Night [-] 49:03 / 16 - Mystery Boogie [-] 53:32

Last edited by daeman; 01-02-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: video link update

Flip, Flop and Fly - Big Joe Turner

Huautla - Canned Heat

live

Push It - Salt-N-Pepa

Α-Punk - Vampire Weekend

Oxford Comma

Telephone - The Black Angels