Το νήμα του Τζίμι Χέντριξ: Γιατί κάποιοι μουσικοί αξίζουν το δικό τους νήμα

Μόνο ο Χέντριξ μπορεί να με κάνει να δουλέψω σήμερα. Πολλά θα ήθελα να γράψω για έναν από τους μεγαλύτερους μουσικούς του 20ου αιώνα, αλλά επειδή θα ήταν ανώφελες φλυαρίες...

Last edited by a moderator:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Επειδή σήμερα συμμερίζομαι τη χθεσινή διάθεση του somnambulist, με πιο blues νότες:

Royal Albert Hall, Monday, Feb 24th 1969. A Room Full Of Hendrix. Live in Stockholm, January 9, 1969.

There's a red house over yonder,
that's where in rest I'll lay...
Wait a minute, something's wrong
because I cannot find that word,
I got a bad, bad feeling
that I can't translate no more!

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Το τσουνάμι της φούριας πέρασε και το άγχος έδωσε τη θέση του σε μια διάθεση γλυκιάς χαλάρωσης, όπως αυτή που μου προκαλεί πάντα το Little Wing:

με βίντεο από το Royal Albert Hall και καλή ποιότητα ήχου.

Last edited:
Καθώς τα ουσιαστικά σχόλια περιττεύουν, θα περιοριστώ να επισημάνω την ΠΠΣ (*) που απεικονίζεται στο πρώτο βίντεο, από 0:11 έως 0:14 (ίσως και αργότερα, δεν παρατήρησα). Ουυυυυ, ουυυυ, σιξ σιξ σιξ!

* πανταχού παρούσα σκατόφατσα

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Gloria in excelsis Jimi

29.10.'68, TTG Studios, Hollywood

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Τα στρατιωτικά δεν είναι το φόρτε μου, αλλά από εκεί θυμήθηκα αυτό εδώ το μνημειώδες Machine Gun, live την παραμονή και την Πρωτοχρονιά του 1970 στο Fillmore East και βρίζω ακόμα τον @%#&!:mad: που μου βούτηξε εκείνο το βινύλιο:

Machine Gun - Jimi Hendrix (Band of Gypsys)​

Last edited:
Τα ουσιαστικά σχόλια ποτέ δεν περιττεύουν. Ένας πρόγονος:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Who knows - Band of Gypsys

Live at the Fillmore East, 1-1-1970

Εφεδρικό, με βίντεο: http://vimeo.com/21546510

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Are You Experienced? - The Jimi Hendrix Experience

1. Foxy Lady
2. Manic Depression
3. Red House
4. Can You See Me
5. Love or Confusion
6. I Don't Live Today

1. May This Be Love
2. Fire
3. Third Stone from the Sun
4. Remember
5. Are You Experienced?

12. Hey Joe 40:10
13. Stone Free 43:40
14. Purple Haze 47:16
15. 51st Anniversary 50:08
16. The Wind Cries Mary 53:24
17. Highway Chile 56:45

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
The wind cries Mary - Jimi Hendrix

After all the jacks are in their boxes
and the clowns have all gone to bed
you can hear happiness staggering on down the street
footprints dress in red

And the wind whispers Mary

A broom is drearily sweeping
up the broken pieces of yesterday's life
Somewhere a Queen is weeping
somewhere a King has no wife

And the wind it cries Mary

The traffic lights they turn blue tomorrow
And shine their emptiness down on my bed
The tiny island sags downstream
'Cos the life that they lived is dead

And the wind screams Mary

Will the wind ever remember
The names it has blown in the past
And with this crutch, its old age and its wisdom
It whispers, "No, this will be the last"

And the wind cries Mary

Last edited:

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Για το People, Hell & Angels διαβάζω στο Amazon:

People, Hell & Angels is a new album of twelve never before released Jimi Hendrix studio recordings. This special album showcases the legendary guitarist working outside of the original Jimi Hendrix Experience trio. Beginning in 1968, Jimi Hendrix grew restless, eager to develop new material with old friends and new ensembles. Outside the view of a massive audience that had established the Experience as rock’s largest grossing concert act and simultaneously placed two of his albums together in the US Top 10 sales chart, Jimi was busy working behind the scenes to craft his next musical statement.

Ας πάρουμε ένα κομμάτι:

Somewhere: This newly discovered gem was recorded in March 1968 and features Buddy Miles on drums and Stephen Stills on bass. Entirely different from any previous version fans have heard.

Αν ζούσε σήμερα, ο Τζίμι Χέντριξ θα ήταν εβδομήντα ενός.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Επιτέλους, γιατί έχει πλημμυρίσει ο κόσμος με άθλια μπούτλεγκ που οι επιτήδειοι τα πακετάρουν σε δισκάκια και τα μοστράρουν σαν ακυκλοφόρητο υλικό του Χέντριξ. Εμ, υπάρχει λόγος που ήταν ακυκλοφόρητο, τα περισσότερα δεν ακούγονται.
Αυτό εδώ όμως, αν είναι και τα υπόλοιπα κομμάτια σαν το αποπάνω, έχει λόγο ύπαρξης και σπεύδω να το βρω. Ευχαριστώ!
Ακούγοντάς το, ξαναείπα αυτό που έχουν σκεφτεί και πει άπειροι από το 1970 και δώθε (κι εγώ τόσες και τόσες φορές): «Φαντάσου τι άλλο θ' ακούγαμε αν ζούσε!»

Hear My Train A Comin’: This superb recording was drawn from Jimi’s first ever recording session with Billy Cox & Buddy Miles—the rhythm section with whom he would later record the groundbreaking album Band Of Gypsys.

Last edited:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Jimi's Blues (Casting Pearls) - Mill Valley Bunch (Mike Bloomfield's tribute to Jimi Hendrix, 1972)

The Mill Valley Bunch: Mike Bloomfield, Nick Gravenites, Barry Goldberg, Michael Shrieve, Spencer Dryden, Lee Michaels,
Mark Naftalin, Mark Ryan, Pete Sears and many more.

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Φυσικά εγώ σε τούτο το νήμα είμαι σαν την αλεπού στο παζάρι: :p

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ας γίνει μια μικρή διευκρίνιση: αυτό που παίζει ή προσπαθεί να παίξει η μικρή στο κορεάτικο τσίτερ, το καγιαγκούμ, με συνοδεία μουσικής καραόκε, είναι το Voodoo Child (Slight Return), το τελευταίο κομμάτι στο Electric Ladyland. Το Voodoo Chile είναι το μεγαλύτερο και διαφορετικό 15λεπτο κομμάτι. Περισσότερα:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_Chile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voodoo_Child_(Slight_Return)

[στδ.: with Jack Casady on bass, Steve Winwood on the organ and Mitch Mitchell on drums]