metafrasi banner

Copy/ Paste, Save As, Format

cosmasad

Good morning friends,

Wondering what the colloquial Greek phrases are for the following software-related actions. I could try a English-Greek dictionary but I am looking for the colloquial expressions. What would a teenager, for example, or a college student use? Some of these may be Grenglish but some may have Greek phrases:

To copy/ paste text from one document to another.

To save a document.

To do a save as of a document (change its name).

To delete text from a document (σβείσε;)

How does one refer to the Delete and Space keys of a computer?

To refer to the "format" of a document -- meaning the layout -- or the look of a document.

Thank you.

Cosmas

Εγώ (που δεν με λες και τζόβενο, πάντως :rolleyes:) έτσι τα λέω:

To copy/ paste text (κάνεις «κόπυ πέιστ»/ αντιγραφή-επικόλληση)

To save a document («σώζεις»/αποθηκεύεις ένα αρχείο)

To do a save as of a document (κάνεις save as/ αποθήκευση ως)

To delete text from a document (κάνεις delete/σβήνεις)

Space key: πλήκτρο διαστήματος (πάτα space/ διάστημα)

Delete key: πλήκτρο διαγραφής (πάτα delete)

"format" of a document : μορφότυπο

Το layout νομίζω «διάταξη του κειμένου»

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Πολύ ωραία τα κατέθεσε ο ανεπίψογος.

Μόνο για το format να προσθέσω ότι δεν το λένε όλοι «μορφότυπο». Πολλοί λένε απλώς «η μορφή του αρχείου» και κάποιοι «το φορμάτ» (ή και «το φορμά») «του αρχείου».

To copy/ paste text from one document to another = κάνω copy paste από ένα έγγραφο σε ένα άλλο.

To save a document = κάνω save / σώζω ένα έγγραφο

To do a save as of a document (change its name) = κάνω save as / σώζω το έγγραφο με άλλο όνομα

To delete text from a document = κάνω delete / σβήνω κείμενο από ένα έγγραφο

How does one refer to the Delete and Space keys of a computer? = το delete / το πλήκτρο delete, το space / το πλήκτρο space

To refer to the "format" of a document -- meaning the layout -- or the look of a document. = το format του εγγράφου / η μορφοποίηση του εγγράφου

cosmasad

Thank you, all. This is very helpful.

2 more related questions, if I may. Is a keyboard key ever referred to as a "κουμπί" and what is the word for a link on a website that takes you to another page?

Is a keyboard key ever referred to as a "κουμπί" ? Not to my knowledge (πλήκτρο, not κουμπί)

link=σύνδεσμος

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
... Is a keyboard key ever referred to as a "κουμπί" ...?

Colloquially, not in technical contexts or official texts, yes. Not so accurate, but it does the job. Or not: