Thread: How long will it last?

How long will it last?

Good morning friends,

Wondering what is a good colloquial phrase for "how long will it last" as in when you're talking about an electrical device or an appliance, a refrigerator, etc.? If you want to ask the person installing it when something should be replaced.

The only thing I can think of is «Μέχρι πότε θα αντέξει» but that doesn't seem right.
    Thank you.

Cosmas

"Μέχρι πότε θα αντέξει" seems to put too much of a burden on the technician's predictive powers. It'd be much gentler to ask him or her: "Πόσο θα αντέξει;"

I think it'd more common to ask "Πόσο θα κρατήσει;" and perhaps a little more selfish, therefore more human and natural, to make that "Πόσο θα μου κρατήσει;".

But there are also other candidates for this, I think.
    Μένω ΕυρώπηΣύγκρουση ιδεών, όχι βία και μισαλλοδοξία: δεν οδηγούν πουθενά. (Λ. Κύρκος)Αριστεία, ρε!
    ΕΝΑ ΝΗΜΑ ΤΗΝ ΗΜΕΡΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΝΙΑ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΠΕΡΑ. Staying hungry, staying foolish. Το διαδίκτυο βλάπτει όταν δεν σκέφτεσαι.

And in a less personal manner, "Ποιος είναι ο χρόνος ζωής του;" ή "Ποιος είναι ο χρόνος αντοχής του;".
    Αν άνευ του πνεύματος το γράμμα είναι νεκρόν, το πνεύμα χωρίς του γράμματος εξανεμούται εις ξυλόπνευμα - Ιω. Συκουτρής
    http://gslreview.com/

And "Τι διάρκεια ζωής έχει;", "Τι διάρκεια αντοχής έχει;".
    Αν άνευ του πνεύματος το γράμμα είναι νεκρόν, το πνεύμα χωρίς του γράμματος εξανεμούται εις ξυλόπνευμα - Ιω. Συκουτρής
    http://gslreview.com/

Thank you, all. This is perfect