metafrasi banner

printer — to print

cosmasad

Hello friends,

If I want to ask someone whether they have a printer (as in a printer that prints out files from computer) and if they do, that they should print something (as in the verb) how would I do it, please?

Σας παρακαλώ, εάν έχετε εκτυπωτή, μπορείτε να τυπώσετε τα συνημμένα αρχεία;

Is there a more colloquial way of saying “printer” than “εκτυπωτή”?

Thank you.

Παρακαλώ, εάν έχετε εκτυπωτή / εάν υπάρχει διαθέσιμος εκτυπωτής, εκτυπώστε τα συνημμένα αρχεία.
Παρακαλώ, εάν έχετε εκτυπωτή / εάν υπάρχει διαθέσιμος εκτυπωτής, θα μπορούσατε να εκτυπώσετε τα συνημμένα αρχεία;

(I prefer the first one)

No, "εκτυπωτής" is the word. And "εκτυπώνω" (not "τυπώνω") is the verb.

Ooops εγώ. Λάθος από κεκτημένη ταχύτητα, μόνο και μόνο επειδή έτσι το χρησιμοποιώ εγώ και λόγω μάλλον και του "εκτυπωτή". Σωστά, ευχαριστώ, Νίκελ, το παίρνω πίσω.

cosmasad

Interesting! One more question, if I may:

If you want to say "One print each page" or "Two prints each page"?

Would you say "Ενα αντίγραφω"? Doesn't sound right...

I think the question is about copies - so we would say "ένα αντίτυπο / δύο αντίτυπα της κάθε σελίδας". "Αντίγραφο" is commonly used also.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
I too have a problem with the English. Do you perhaps mean "one (printed) copy for each page / per page", "two copies" etc?

That would be "'ένα αντίγραφο για κάθε σελίδα", "δύο αντίγραφα για κάθε σελίδα".

(Oh, right, thank the gods it's Harvatis. I almost thought I was repeating myself...)

cosmasad

This is helpful, guys. What I'm trying to say is "One printed copy of each page" or "Please make 2 copies of each page".

"2 αντίτυπα της κάθε σελίδας" is great. More colloquially, can only also say "2 κόπιες της κάθε σελίδας"?

And even more colloquially, "(τύπωσε/βγάλε/θέλω την) κάθε σελίδα δύο φορές" :-)