metafrasi banner

verblike

Καλησπέρα σε όλους,

Etymology
verb +‎ -like
Adjective
verblike (comparative more verblike, superlative most verblike)
1. resembling a verb, having characteristics of a verb

Το δικό μου συγκείμενο:

The mind can be seen as having one facet that is a regulatory process engaged in the business of determining how energy and information flow in our lives. A process is like a verblike unfolding, and so the mind in this way is more like a verb than a noun.

Καμιά ιδέα;...

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
The mind can be seen as having one facet that is a regulatory process engaged in the business of determining how energy and information flow in our lives. A process is like a verblike unfolding, and so the mind in this way is more like a verb than a noun.

Χωρίς το πρώτο like στο πρωτότυπο:

A process is a verblike unfolding, and so the mind in this way is more like a verb than a noun.

Πώς το καταλαβαίνω: Μια διεργασία προσομοιάζει με ρήμα που επιτελείται, οπότε ο νους από αυτή την άποψη μοιάζει μάλλον με ρήμα παρά με ουσιαστικό.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Μήπως να παίξεις με ενεργητικό ρήμα και παθητικό ουσιαστικό; Ή, για να μην μπερδευτούμε με τη γραμματική: δυναμικό ρήμα και στατικό ουσιαστικό;

Από άλλο βιβλίο του ίδιου συγγραφέα:

What is a thought? You might say, “Well, Dan, I know I am thinking when I sense words in my head." And I could then ask you, what does it mean to say “I know” and to “sense words?” If these are processes, a dynamic, verb-like aspect of information processing, what is being processed? You may say, “Well, we know that it is simply brain activity.” And you may be surprised to find that no one knows, if this brain view is indeed true, how the subjective sense of your own thinking somehow arises from neurons in your head. Processes as familiar and basic as thought or thinking are still without clear understanding by our, well, our minds.

When we consider the mind as a verb-like, unfolding, emerging process, not being, or at least not only being, a noun-like thing, a static, fixed entity, we perhaps get closer to understanding what your thoughts may be, and in fact, what mind itself might be. This is what we mean by the description of the mind as an information processor, a verb-like process. But in either case, mind-as-noun indicating the processor or mind-as-verb indicating the processing, we are still in the dark about what this information transformation involves. If we could offer a definition of the mind beyond these commonly used, important, and accurate descriptive elements, perhaps we’d be in a better position to clarify not just what the mind is, but also what mental well-being might be.

https://books.google.gr/books?id=aOKvCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT9#v=onepage&q&f=false

Ας γίνει έτσι σαφέστερο (έτσι που δεν θα γινόταν αν φτιάχναμε μια λέξη σαν ρηματόμορφος ή ρηματοειδής — και όχι βέβαια ρηματικός) ότι συνδέει το ρήμα με δυναμική, εξελισσόμενη ενέργεια και το ουσιαστικό με στατικότητα.

Πολύ χρήσιμες οι απαντήσεις και των δύο. Θέλω λίγο (πολύ; ) χρόνο να το σκεφτώ... Με προβληματίζει και το "process"... Τέλος πάντων.
Σας ευχαριστώ και τους δύο πολύ.

Τελικά:
"Οι διαδικασίες έχουν κάτι από τη δυναμικότητα των ρημάτων, κι από αυτή την άποψη ο νους μοιάζει περισσότερο με ρήμα παρά με στατικό ουσιαστικό."