Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Το Game of Thrones και ο ιστορικός υλισμός

Διάλογος μεταξύ Stephen Colbert (Late Show, CBS) και John Oliver (Last Week Tonight, HBO):

SC: You’re on hiatus right now, you’re between seasons…
    JO: Between seasons? Really? Have I been cancelled? What? We’re between weeks! We’re working, but…
    SC: You have a show this Sunday?
    JO: No, we’re working without doing a show, it’s the dream. So we’re in the office and we’re working, we’re researching, but we don’t actually have to do anything at the end of it. So everything’s perfect.
    SC: Wow! And you can get paid for that? Because I actually have to come out here and talk every night.
    JO: I think that’s the mistake. It’s the ultimate bank heist, not having to produce anything at the end of it.
    SC: Those dragons are paying for everything over there…
    JO: As long as the dragons are fine, everything is OK at HBO. They’ve got defibrillators for those dragons. It’s a dragon-based economy.

Life is an aberration; it appears under unusual conditions, where there is an abnormal amount of resources, and then proceeds to expand and evolve, consuming those resources until eventually it dies away, leaving behind only bare rock and empty soda cans.

GoT: The Musical

"Remember Ned Stark, he was a lot of fun
    but he didn't make it past Season One
    Robert Baratheon was part of that crew
    but he never made it to Season Two
    The King of the North was cool, you said
    another favorite that ended up dead
    You thought that Joffrey had to survive
    he ain't in the credits for Season Five
    Baby, you know I'm the man for all seasons
    Characters get cut for various reasons
    Some people's parts just ain't very long
    but not me
    I'm still going strong"

~ Tyrion Lannister
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

Quote Originally Posted by daeman View Post
    "...I'm still going strong"

~ Tyrion Lannister
    Keep going, no other reason for watching!

Ωραίο, αλλά λείπει το μισό. Δοκιμάστε εδώ για την πλήρη δόση τρέλας.

(Εντάξει, έχει πιο πολύ μπλαμπλά στην αρχή, αλλά είναι ολοκληρωμένη ιστορία.)
    Εἰς τὴν Ἑλλάδα οἱ Νόμοι γίνονται χάριν εἰρωνικῆς ἀντιδιαστολῆς πρὸς τὴν πραγματικότητα.

Meanwhile, in Easteros...

Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

Ανακάλυψα σήμερα υποτιθέμενο σχολιασμό της Συντροφιάς του δαχτυλιδιού από τους Νόαμ Τσόμσκι και Χάουαρντ Ζιν (σε δύο μέρη – εδώ κι εδώ). Ό,τι και να πω θα είναι λίγο.

Quote Originally Posted by Marinos View Post
    Το γιατί η φεουδαρχία αποτελεί προνομιακό πεδίο του fantasy,* αυτό είναι ένα ενδιαφέρον ερώτημα.

*Τουλάχιστον όσο μιλάμε για τον 20ό-21ο αιώνα· ως fantasy του 19ου έχω στο μυαλό μου τις αφρικανικές περιπέτειες (με έμπνευση από τους πολιτισμούς της αρχαιότητας) του Ράιντερ Χάγκαρντ, που είναι άλλο πράγμα.
    Σχετικά με το Game of Thrones τουλάχιστον, έχω πετύχει κάποιες ενδιαφέρουσες αναλύσεις:

(Βασισμένο σε αυτό το άρθρο.)

Επίσης ο αντίλογος εδώ. Α, και «φεουδαλισμός» δεν σημαίνει ότι είμαστε απαραίτητα στον μεσαίωνα.
    Εἰς τὴν Ἑλλάδα οἱ Νόμοι γίνονται χάριν εἰρωνικῆς ἀντιδιαστολῆς πρὸς τὴν πραγματικότητα.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7