metafrasi banner

How to ruin your translation business

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Ενδιαφέρουσα διεύθυνση:
http://www.translator-scammers.com/

7. Not checking out your client beforehand. Always check out new clients to make sure they’re not known scammers. Unless you can snag payment up front, or payment in stages, this is a sure-fire way to commit business seppuku. One website I love is the ever helpful Translator Scammers.

Υπάρχει ακόμα το πολύ πλούσιο Blue Board του ProZ.com. Επίσης καλό θα είναι να ξέρουν οι κακοπληρωτές ότι θα εκτεθεί το όνομά τους σε διάφορα στέκια των μεταφραστών και δεν πρόκειται να βρίσκουν εύκολα τα επόμενα θύματά τους.

Εμείς είμαστε διατεθειμένοι να δημοσιεύσουμε οποιαδήποτε καταγγελία μάς γνωστοποιηθεί εφόσον έχουμε πλήρη στοιχεία του καταγγέλλοντος και του καταγγελλομένου και, πριν από οποιαδήποτε δημοσίευση, δώσουμε στον καταγγελλόμενο την ευκαιρία να τακτοποιήσει την οφειλή του ή να εκθέσει τη δική του πλευρά.

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Η αγαπημένη μου συμβουλή που δεν έχω κουραστεί να εξηγώ σε τρίτους, σε συναδέλφους, αλλά και σε καλοπροαίρετους πελάτες (που εξίστανται όταν δεν είμαι διατεθειμένος να κάνω έκπτωση λόγω του μεγάλου όγκου της εγγυημένης εργασίας) είναι η επόμενη:

19. Falling into the “volume for lower rates” trap. This one is a silent killer. It sneaks up on you when you least expect it, initially seeming like a good deal. You ask yourself, “Well, why can’t I accept a low rate if it means consistent volumes of work?” The answer is that it ties up your time, leaving you unavailable for better paying work!

It stands to reason; if you have an 8 hour work day, wouldn’t you rather work for 4 hours at .10 cents/word than 8 hours at .05 cents/word? If a client guarantees you with a steady workload of low paying work, know this: if at least one client wants you, you can get another... and that the next client might be willing to accommodate your higher rate.

Και ναι, την πάτησα κι έμαθα, πώς αλλιώς δηλαδή;

Ενδιαφέρουσα διεύθυνση:
http://www.translator-scammers.com/
Μου ήρθε σήμερα φρέσκο:
<[email protected]>

Hi,

It is my pleasure to write to you. I hope you are fine.
I am Husam Isleem. I am a project manager from Wordsvoice company for translation.
Our company seeks to work with you. We have a marketing department in our company. We will Use your CV to bring projects to you.
We promise you to work on many projects depending on your language pair.
You have the priority for any coming project.
We will set prices later, so don't worry.
If you are ready to collaborate with us, please send us your CV and Cover letter.
I am waiting for your response in order to send you the NDA to be signed.

Best Wishes,

Husam
Μου άρεσε ιδιαίτερα το "We will set prices later, so don't worry."