metafrasi banner

on point

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Πώς ακριβώς αποδίδεται αυτός ο ιδιωματισμός;
π.χ.
In other campaigns, the Army will not be on point. Ground operations may sometimes be merely precursors to set conditions for decisive operations from the air.
Of all the services, the Army is most dependent on the others and therefore must assume the risks inherent in working within the joint team to lead change. This may require painful choices and risks, but it is consistent with going on point.

Επίσης εδώ, όπου έχω την εντύπωση ότι λέγεται με διαφορετικό νόημα απ' ό,τι προηγουμένως:

Most of the time I feel like I'm on point when I jump. I haven't really worked on my form over the bar. Right now I'm just focusing on my approach. I'm trying to iron that out. Sometimes I tend to stretch too much, stutter-step a little. I just want to get a consistent approach right now. Maybe next year for the Olympics I'll work on how I get over the bar. Hopefully everything will be on point at that time.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Από τον σκύλο που είναι on point (στη φέρμα)

μέχρι τη χορεύτρια που είναι en pointe, στις μύτες,
αυτό μου βγάζει την αίσθηση τού «σε επιφυλακή».

Να προσθέσω (αν και δεν ανήκει σ' αυτά) το «on point duty» για τον τροχονόμο που εκτελεί υπηρεσία στο πόστο του.