Staff member
Η λέξη που έμαθα σήμερα:

Πώς τα λένε αυτά; Τσιμπιδάκια; Όχι:

Τριχολαβίδες!

Εντάξει, οι κυρίες το γνωρίζατε, προφανώς... Ή όχι;

Alexandra

Super Moderator
Staff member
Όχι, κύριε, δεν το ξέραμε, εμείς το λέγαμε τσιμπιδάκι φρυδιών. Αλλά η αλήθεια είναι ότι μπορεί να μαδάς κι από αλλού τρίχες, όχι μόνο στα φρύδια.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Πολύ οδυνηρό αυτό το "μ' αγαπά, δε μ' αγαπά"! :eek: Απαπά...

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Μπορούν οι κυρίες να μας δώσουν και τις ξένες λέξεις για αυτά τα όργανα βασανισμού;

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Τσιμπιδάκι (για τα φρύδια) το λέμε, όπως λέει και η Αλεξάνδρα. Περιμένατε τίποτα εξωτικό, ε; :p

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Εννοούσα ότι μαζί με τους νεολογισμούς ας δίνουμε και τις αποδόσεις στην αγγλική ή άλλη εξωτική γλώσσα. Νομίζεις ότι ξέρω πώς λένε στα αγγλικά το τσιμπιδάκι για τα φρύδια αν δεν ανοίξω λεξικό για να δω ότι είναι tweezers; :rolleyes:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Καλημέρα.

ζαπομανείς ζαπόληπτοι ζαπιστές Ζαπίστας το ξέρουν από τους στίχους τού Montana ("With a pair of heavy-duty / zircon-encrusted tweezers in my hand") και τού Dinah-Moe Humm ("D'you think I could interest you in a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers?") ως εργαλείο πολλαπλών χρήσεων.

Να τι έλεγε ο ίδιος ο Ζάπα (που είχε και γάτα ονόματι Tweezers) σε μια συνέντευξη το 1974:
Okay, you have to understand that the zircon is the ultimate symbol of cheapness, because it's the symbol of grandeur when applied to a small ad in a comic book. Did you ever see those zircon rings, fake diamonds? So whenever I see the word zircon, it just conjures up immense cheapness. Now, the tweezers -- a tweezer, as an object of sexual gratification, is the ultimate extension. If you have something hard to grab, the tweezer is handy. So the tweezer has many conceptual usages. And when you take any object and zircon-encrust it ... get the drift?
Επίσης, κάποιος Dan Rubin, καταπώς φαίνεται exceptionally versed in Zappa terminology, έγραφε το 1992:
But in fact these tweezers have deep significance. In the days of the Wild West, prospectors used to adorn even the simplest of implements with precious substances. This was a badge of prestige: the more precious the substance, and the more closely related to the task of discovering ore, the higher the imputed skill of the prospector. Hence a gold-covered pick-axe was one of the marks of a master prospector-- only three hardy miners are known for sure to have carried such a tool (although several additional unverified accounts are recorded in the newspapers of the time). It was a grave faux pas for a newcomer or a non-prospector to display an ornamented utensil out of keeping with his (or her) demonstrated skill. Saloon fights and gun duels over this issue were not uncommon. However, the human urge to adorn useful objects is not easily repressed. During the decade-long (c. 1885-95) period in which the prospecting and trapping economy of the Wild West was slowly giving way to the ranching- and agriculture-based economy of the twentieth century, the newly-arrived dental-floss farmers of Montana found it safest to leave their heavier implements in their plain state, and to carry zircon- or rhinestone-encrusted forceps, nail-clippers, or stud-finders as an outlet for their ornamental urges. They looked handsome enough, and the knowledgeable prospectors, being unlikely to mistake zircons for diamonds, would leave them in peace to raise their lonely dental floss. Thus, by placing a pair of zircon-encrusted tweezers in the hands of his dental-floss-farmer-to-be in 'Montana', Zappa is displaying an intimate awareness of the culture of the Wild West, now vanishing under a carpet of fast-food joints and auto dealers. Their presence in the ribald account of the anonymous narrator's encounter with Dinah and Dora in 'Dinah Moe Humm' links the ornamental urge to the sexual urge, and perhaps adumbrates the composer/librettist's future explorations of the theme of sex with inanimate objects in 'Sy Borg', 'Briefcase Boogie', and 'Stevie's Spanking'. The conceptual continuity, the 'crux of the biscuit', as it were, is thus conceptually continuous with cultural continuity in the works of Frank Vincent Zappa, Jr., the very quintessence, not only of the American Composer, but also of the Composer in and of America.
Tweezers didn't get my tongue; I kept it firmly planted in my cheek. ;)

Ορίστε ιδέα για αλλαγή επαγγέλματος, τώρα που σφίγγει το ζωνάρι. Άλλος για τα βουνά;