Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: NRA-ιστάν

NRA-ιστάν

LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Ken Pagano, the pastor of the New Bethel Church here, (...) is inviting his congregation of 150 and others to wear or carry their firearms into the sanctuary to “celebrate our rights as Americans!” (...) “God and guns were part of the foundation of this country,” Mr. Pagano, 49, said Wednesday in the small brick Assembly of God church, where a large wooden cross hung over the altar and two American flags jutted from side walls. “I don’t see any contradiction in this. Not every Christian denomination is pacifist.”
    (...)
    “We have a very active agenda in all 50 states,” said Chris W. Cox, legislative director of the N.R.A., widely considered the country’s most powerful lobby. “We have right-to-carry laws in over 40 states; 20 years ago, it was in just six.” Of the 40 states with right-to-carry laws, 20 allow guns in churches.
    (...)
    Gun-control advocates say they feel increasingly ineffective, especially after a recent spate of high-profile shootings, including last month’s murder, inside a church in Kansas, of a doctor who performed late-term abortions.
    (...)
    The celebration will feature lessons in responsible gun ownership, Mr. Pagano said.
    (...)
    Mr. Pagano said the church’s insurance company, which he would not identify, had canceled the church’s policy for the day on Saturday and told him that it would cancel the policy for good at the end of the year. If he cannot find insurance for Saturday, people will not be allowed in openly carrying their guns.
    (...)
    “When someone from within the church tells me that being a Christian and having firearms are contradictions, that they’re incompatible with the Gospel — baloney,” [Mr. Pagano] said. “As soon as you start saying that it’s not something that Christians do, well, guns are just the foil. The issue now is the Gospel. So in a sense, it does become a crusade. Now the Gospel is at stake.”

Άρθρο της New York Times.

Υ.Γ. Μήπως το επώνυμο του κυρίου, Pagano, διαψεύδει τον ισχυρισμό του πως είναι Χριστιανός;...
    Τας λεωφόρους οδούς φεύγων επί τας ατραπούς βάδιζε, αψευδεῖ δε προς άκμονι χάλκευε γλῶσσαν.
    Εμπληξία γαρ η άλογος φιλανθρωπία.
    Souffle sur tes braises pour rester vivant.

Quote Originally Posted by Costas View Post
    [...]
    Υ.Γ. Μήπως το επώνυμο του κυρίου, Pagano, διαψεύδει τον ισχυρισμό του πως είναι Χριστιανός;...
    Καλή η παρατήρηση! Προσθέτω: ενώ οι απόψεις του είναι πέρα για πέρα χριστιανικές...
    Ο ορισμός της οπισθοδρόμησης, αυτή η υπόθεση των όπλων. Αντί να προχωρήσουν, επιστρέφουν ολοταχώς προς το Φαρ Ουέστ. Μακάρι οι συγκεκριμένοι να προχωρούσαν λίγο πιο πίσω, τότε που οι ομοϊδεάτες τους δεν είχαν καν πατήσει πόδι στη νέα ήπειρο. Γαμώ την περιέργεια του Χριστόφορου Κολόμβου, σκέφτομαι όταν διαβάζω τέτοιες αθλιότητες. Άδικη γενίκευση, αλλά νισάφι πια με τους ανεγκέφαλους κοσμοκράτορες!
    Και μια επισήμανση: the N.R.A., widely considered the country’s most powerful lobby.
    όπως αναφέρεται και στη Wikipedia: The NRA is sometimes said to be the single most powerful lobbying organization in the United States.[4]

Και τώρα η NRA είναι εξαγριωμένη με τον Τζιμ Κάρεϊ λόγω του Cold Dead Hand:
    http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/043...ith-jim-carrey

The Second Amendment Scoreboard

Looks like the Second Amendment is winning while we’re losing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	second-amendment-scoreboard-cartoon.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	3733  
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

Για την ιστορία της έκφρασης From my cold, dead hands:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/From_my_cold,_dead_hands

Και σχετικό βιντεάκι με τον μακαρίτη:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ju4Gla2odw
    Μένω ΕυρώπηΣύγκρουση ιδεών, όχι βία και μισαλλοδοξία: δεν οδηγούν πουθενά. (Λ. Κύρκος)Θα περάσει κι αυτό
    ΕΝΑ ΝΗΜΑ ΤΗΝ ΗΜΕΡΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΝΙΑ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΠΕΡΑ. Staying hungry, staying foolish. Το διαδίκτυο βλάπτει όταν δεν σκέφτεσαι.

Kentucky boy, 5, accidentally shoots to death 2-year-old sister (LA Times)

A 2-year-old Kentucky girl was accidentally killed by her 5-year-old brother who fired a rifle he had been given as a gift, officials said Wednesday.
    [...]
    The rifle used in the accident is a Crickett designed for children and sold under the slogan “My First Rifle,” according to the company's website. It is a smaller weapon designed for children and comes with a shoulder stock in child-like colors including pink and swirls.
    [...]
    It is legal in Kentucky to give a child a rifle as a gift, White [the coroner] said. Nor is it unusual for children to have rifles, often passed down from their parents, he said.
    Earlier this month, Brandon Holt, 6, was accidentally shot to death by a 4-year-old playmate in New Jersey.

Τέτοια ατυχήματα δεν είναι σπάνια, φυσικά. Δεν έβαλα την είδηση γι' αυτό, όπως καταλαβαίνετε...
    Wer die Wahrheit nicht weiß, der ist bloß ein Dummkopf. Aber wer sie weiß, und sie eine Lüge nennt, der ist ein Verbrecher!
    We base decisions on facts, not superstition, not what our ideology tells us but rather what we can observe

δεῖ δὲ χρημάτων, καὶ ἄνευ τούτων οὐδὲν ἔστι γενέσθαι τῶν δεόντων
    Η Ελλάδα είναι Ευρώπη, η Ευρώπη είναι Ελλάδα!

Είναι πολύ κακό που μόλις τέλειωσα την ανάγνωση σκέφτηκα: ελπίζω μετά να πήρε το τουφέκι ο μπαμπάς του και να τίναξε τα μυαλά του στον αέρα; Αφού πρώτα σκότωσε την ηλίθια μάνα που του επέτρεψε να κάνει τέτοιο δώρο στο παιδί της;

Είναι κακό, ε;
    Ζωή σου είναι ό,τι έδωσες
    τούτο το κενό είναι ό,τι έδωσες
    το άσπρο χαρτί.

Γ.Σ.

Aυτά τα ατυχήματα είναι της κατηγορίας φυσική επιλογή, το σκεπτικό δηλαδή των βραβείων Δαρβίνου..

Άλλο ένα βήμα στη διαδικασία της φυσικής επιλογής. Οι κρετίνοι που αγοράζουν όπλα στα παιδιά τους πρέπει οπωσδήποτε να είναι οι πρώτοι (μακάρι και οι μοναδικοί) που πεθαίνουν από αυτά.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319514
    Father thought text message from son, 13, saying 'I killed mom' was a joke and sent a reply which read: 'OK, just throw her in the grove. We'll take care of her later' before her body was found
    Son Noah Crooks, 14, stands accused of murdering and attempting to sexually assault his mother, William’s wife, 37-year-old Gretchen Crooks in 2012
    She was the one who bought the .22 caliber Ruger as a present for Noah in 2010 when he was about 11 years old.

Μένω Ευρώπη
    Keys of change

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast