metafrasi banner

Best wishes to someone who is having a serious operation

cosmasad

Good morning friends,

Someone I know is about to have a serious operation and I want to wish them best wishes. The main expression that comes to mind is "περαστικα" but that seems too light. I am wondering if you guys think it would be appropriate?

The other expression that comes to mind is "κουραγιο". Are there any other phrases that one would recommend?

I looked in the dictionaries and περαστικα was the only one for "get well soon".

Thank you.

Cosmasad

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
«Κουράγιο» is not bad; the only problem is that there are connotations that what the person is going through is very grave.

Something else you can say is "σιδερένιος" (men), "σιδερένια" (women). You can also say "καλή δύναμη", which is similar to "κουράγιο" but it is in use for cases such as the one you describe.

Another thing that comes to mind is "καλή ανάρρωση", i.e. get well soon.

I'd say εύχομαι καλή δύναμη, γρήγορη ανάρρωση και σιδερένιος! :)

cosmasad

Thank you, Palavra, for your suggestions. Wondering if you agree that "περαστικα" would only be appropriate for a regular illness... a cold, a flue, etc. but not a -- heart operation!!

Thank you.

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Well, «περαστικά» is fine, but if you are somewhat closer to the person undergoing the operation, the above suggestions are more tailored to the situation :)