κόμπια

Rodent

Γεια σας! Βρήκα αυτή την έκφραση αλλά δεν μπορώ να καταλάβω τι σημαίνει η λέξη "κόμπια". Μπορείτε να με βοηθήσετε;

"και πες μου, αντέχεις να μπλεχτείς στο δίλημμα:
ματωμένα κόμπια ή πνευμόνια αδειανά; "

Σας ευχαριστώ πάρα πολύ!

It seems to mean:-
And tell me, could you withstand the dilemma;
Bleeding knots or empty lungs?
See for a full translation with Greek & English bilingual: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/prosgiosou-προσγειώσου-relax.html.
I hope this helps.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Εκτός από τους κόμπους και τα εξογκώματα που μοιάζουν με αυτούς, κόμπια λέγονται διαλεκτικά και οι αρθρώσεις, οπότε εδώ θα το ερμήνευα σαν ματωμένες αρθρώσεις των δακτύλων, που μάλλον ταιριάζει και στο νόημα, στην εικόνα κάποιου που χτυπάει τις γροθιές του με μανία και ματώνουν οι κόμποι των δακτύλων του. Αν είναι έτσι, τότε αγγλιστί bleeding knuckles.

κόμπια (τα) = οι αρθρώσεις του σώματος (Ηλεία)
κόμπια (τα) = 1) κομμάτια των σταχυών που έμειναν απάτητα στο αλώνι 2) οι αρθρώσεις του σώματος (Ηλεία)
κόμπια = οι αρθρώσεις του σώματος (Λακωνία)
κόμπους (ο, αρσ.): [...] 2. οι αρθρώσεις των δακτύλων (κυρίως στον πληθυντικό κόμπια) [...] «Μι πουνούν τα κόμπια, στα χέρια κι στα πουδάρια» (Φθιώτιδα)

«Τα μαλλιά της έγιναν ασημιά και τα πόδια της Βαριά. Τα κόμπια της όλα, η μέση της, το κορμί της πονούσαν μα της ζέστανε η ελπίδα την ψυχή κι αυτό την κράταγε όρθια.
Και πώς να 'ναι καλά; σκεφτόταν. Τριγύρω σκοτάδι πουθενά φως και γεράματα και πόνοι ουλούθε, σ' όλα τα κόμπια. Κι εκείνο το σφίξιμο στο στήθος ξανάρχισε κι ο πόνος στην πλάτη και το μούδιασμα στ' αριστερό της χέρι κι η ανάσα της δύσκολη.
»
https://www.mikrosapoplous.gr/extracts/mathisis/44a.html

Από τον Κακριδή, στην Αχαΐα: του τσάκισε τα κόμπια = τον έδειρε πολύ.

pontios

In the context..

I think knot here refers to "emotional knots".
The dilemma is - is it easier and preferable to keep presenting this happy facade to the world, with your lips smiling while your heart and soul is bleeding; to keep running away from the world, bottling up your emotions and holding your (emotional) breath (so to speak); to keep punishing yourself for any past wrongdoings while conversely being afraid of getting hurt by others.
This takes a lot of effort and could leave you breathless - especially if you're trying to put on a happy face with all this going on.

...wouldn't it be better to relax and (emotionally) breathe and allow yourself to process the human emotions, not to be scared of them or of people: to let people in (and to see the real you) and to start to accept things about yourself and be more trusting of others. Reach out; be vulnerable, breathe.

and a Merry Xmas to all... να περάσετε ωραία με τις οικογένειες σας!

pontios

By context, I'm referring to Theseus's link, which I'm assuming is the context of the OP.

(I meant be emotionally out of breath ... not emotionally holding your breath).

I rambled on before -- I should have just summed it up:

The dilemma is ... what's worse?

a. Showing your true self to the world, how you truly feel inside (even if it shows you're hurting/bleeding) by being more relaxed and comfortable with your emotions - i.e., by allowing yourself to breathe (emotionally).
or
b. putting on a happy face and bottling up your emotions, emotionally tying yourself up (in knots) - be out of breath (emotionally).