metafrasi banner

Malcolm X

rogne

¥
Εσείς πώς θα τον μεταγράφατε (αν έπρεπε να τον μεταγράψετε); Βλέπω στη Βιβλιονέτ (μέσω Βικιπαίδειας) ότι έχουμε το σχεδόν καθιερωμένο, πλην κομματάκι παραπλανητικό "Μάλκολμ Χ", όπως και το οιονεί φωνητικό "Μάλκομ Εξ".

Το πρώτο το έχω δει πάρα πολλές φορές, το δεύτερο καμία. Θα διάλεγα το πρώτο, ασυζητητί.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Κομματάκι παραπλανητικό φωνητικά το Χ, αλλά αποδίδει οπτικά την ουσία:

In 1950, Little began signing his name "Malcolm X".[SUP][43] [/SUP]He explained in his autobiography that the Muslim's 'X' symbolized the true African family name that he could never know. "For me, my 'X' replaced the white slavemaster name of 'Little' which some blue-eyed devil named Little had imposed upon my paternal forebears."
MalcolmX, Autobiography, p. 229. μέσω της Wikipedia.

During his six years in Charlestown Prison, Concord Reformatory, and Norfolk Prison, Malcolm underwent a spiritual and intellectual transformation. While interred he corresponded with the Honorable Elijah Muhammad, the leader of the African American sect, the Nation of Islam. He converted to the Nation, attracted by its idea that whites are devils. In prison he also undertook a rigorous process of self-education, which included copying every page of the dictionary.

Upon his release he changed his name to Malcolm X,
the X representing the unknown name of his African ancestors and their culture that had been lost during slavery.
http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/s_z/smith/malcolmx.htm

Ενώ το Εξ, στα ελληνικά τι θα πει;

rogne

¥
Συμφωνώ με τους προλαλήσαντες για το Χ/Εξ. Αλλά για το Μάλκολμ/Μάλκομ;

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Όλοι οι Malcolm που θυμάμαι (μέσα και ο πρίγκιπας στον Μακμπέθ) έχουν γίνει Μάλκολμ. Το περίεργο είναι που δεν είδα στον Πάπυρο να έχει σε παρένθεση ότι η προφορά είναι «Μάλκομ Εξ». Μόνο έτσι αξίζει να το δώσεις: σαν πληροφορία για όσους είναι να πουν το όνομα σε αγγλικά συμφραζόμενα.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Να υποθέσω ότι εδώ ο ποιητής εννοεί interned, σωστά; :twit:

A very good point. I dig that! I guess I should [sic] it, then.

On Malcolm X's page, Muphry's Law is confirmed:

Welcome to the website of the English Department at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. We are a dynamic and diverse community committed to the study and teaching of British, American and anglophone literature and film, Creative Writing, and Writing Studies.

Βέβαια, δεν ξέρω αν εκεί έγινε το πληκτρολογικό ή αν υπήρχε και στην πηγή:

From The Oxford Companion to African American Literature. Copyright © 1997 by Oxford University Press.
http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps/poets/s_z/smith/malcolmx.htm

He got ditched. Ε, συμβαίνει και στις καλύτερες οικογένειες. :whistle:
It could be Creative Writing, though.