Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: selfie = αυτοφωτογραφία, σέλφι

Selfie's Children: The Productive "-fie" Suffix

A selfie, in its purest form, is a picture of one person: yourself. But since many people like to take pictures of themselves with other folks, math has broadened the trend. A picture taken with one friend — often your bestie — is called a twofie. Here's an array of twofies on Tumblr. There are also threefies, fourfies, fivefies, and sixfies. In theory, this trend could spiral on into infinity — or to whatever is the maximum number of people who can fit in one photo. If you don't feel like counting, just call it a grelfie (group selfie).

Other -fie words feature critters, places, and things. Here's a smorgasbord of catfies. Due to allergies, I'm more of a dogfie man. The employed take workfies; gym rats take gymfies or welfies (workout selfies). At the end (or the beginning) of a long day, an Instragram-lover might take a bedfie. Proud hat-wearers take hatfies, while enjoyers of a popular alcoholic beverage take beerfies, which could also be considered drelfies (drunk selfies). And the recent winter weather has produced snowfies.

Finally, if you're still not convinced this trend can swim out of the shallow pool of self-promotion, consider some words I've seen coined by a few writers, including this tweeter: "What's a selfie when another person takes it? A friendie? An otherie? Sounds dangerous."

We could all use more friendies, and I believe it was Jesus who said, "Put your otheries before your selfies."

Holy cow! The word othery really exists! What happened to the plain photo?
    Ζωή σου είναι ό,τι έδωσες
    τούτο το κενό είναι ό,τι έδωσες
    το άσπρο χαρτί.

Γ.Σ.

Quote Originally Posted by bernardina View Post
    Sure does! The last time I checked it was a village in the U.K.

Quote Originally Posted by daeman View Post
    It has become much more popular in 2013 because it has evolved from a purely social media buzzword to a mainstream term.
    helfie (a picture of one’s hair) ... belfie (of one’s posterior) ... welfie (a workout selfie) ... drelfie (one taken while drunk). Shelfie ...bookshelfie
    arfie barfie
    Quote Originally Posted by bernardina View Post
    Selfie's Children: The Productive "-fie" Suffix
    ... bestie ... twofie, threefies, fourfies, fivefies, and sixfies ... grelfie (group selfie) ... catfies ... dogfie ... workfies ... gymfies ... welfies (workout selfies) ... bedfie ... hatfies ... beerfies ...drelfies (drunk selfies) ... snowfies.
    What happened to the plain photo?
    I stand by my words:
    Quote Originally Posted by daeman View Post
    arfie barfie
    and a catfie to boot.
    Θεωρητικά, θεωρία και πράξη είναι το ίδιο πράγμα. Στην πράξη, όμως, διαφέρουν.
    When this you see, remember me and bear me in your mind, let all the world say what they may, speak of me as you find.

'Move over selfie, this town ain't big enough for the both of us-ie': Usie becomes the new name for a group selfie

Ομαδικό σέλφι, δηλαδή. Σε κάθε περίπτωση, δεν το βλέπω να πιάνει το άσι στα ελληνικά
    The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge".
    -Isaak Asimov

Άκου εκεί usie, οι αγράμματοι! Ο εσωτερικός πληθυντικός του selfie θα έπρεπε να δίνει selvesie!
    Μένω ΕυρώπηΣύγκρουση ιδεών, όχι βία και μισαλλοδοξία: δεν οδηγούν πουθενά. (Λ. Κύρκος)Θα περάσει κι αυτό
    ΕΝΑ ΝΗΜΑ ΤΗΝ ΗΜΕΡΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΝΙΑ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΠΕΡΑ. Staying hungry, staying foolish. Το διαδίκτυο βλάπτει όταν δεν σκέφτεσαι.

Με τέτοια μούρη πώς να μη θέλεις να απαθανατίζεσαι;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...p-himself.html

Στην επικαιρότητα, η ιστορία έχει συνέχεια:

Σε ποιον ανήκει η φωτογραφία;
    Στα δικαστήρια για τον πίθηκο, την selfie του και την Wikipedia

http://news.in.gr/perierga/article/?aid=1231339475
    Μένω ΕυρώπηΣύγκρουση ιδεών, όχι βία και μισαλλοδοξία: δεν οδηγούν πουθενά. (Λ. Κύρκος)Θα περάσει κι αυτό
    ΕΝΑ ΝΗΜΑ ΤΗΝ ΗΜΕΡΑ ΤΗΝ ΑΝΙΑ ΚΑΝΕΙ ΠΕΡΑ. Staying hungry, staying foolish. Το διαδίκτυο βλάπτει όταν δεν σκέφτεσαι.

Άκουσα το "έλα να βγάλουμε σελφιά" χτές το βράδυ. Εγκρίνω την ελληνοποίηση (και γιατί όχι "σελφουριά", "σελφαλίκι", "σελφατζής" κτλ)!

Θα προτιμούσα: σελφιλίκι, σελφιτζής (βλ. και σχόλιο #44).
    Άλλο πληροφορία, άλλο γνώση· άλλο βία, άλλο δύναμη.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6