Ατάκες

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
[Λεξικό Τριανταφυλλίδη]
ατάκα
η
[atáka] Ο25α : 1. (μουσ.) όρος που σημαίνει την εκτέλεση ενός επόμενου μουσικού κομματιού χωρίς διακοπή μετά το τέλος του προηγούμενου. 2. (θέατρ.) α. άμεση απάντηση. β. οι φράσεις ενός ρόλου που είναι γραμμένες σε ξεχωριστό χαρτί. || (ως επίρρ.) αμέσως, χωρίς την παραμικρή καθυστέρηση: Tου δίνω ~ την απάντηση που του 'πρεπε. (επιρρ. έκφρ.) στο ~, αμέσως. ατάκα κι επί τόπου, επιτατικά, για να τονίσουμε ακόμη περισσότερο την αμεσότητα μιας ενέργειας. [ιταλ. attacca! ένδειξη σε μουσικό κείμενο να αρχίσει το επόμενο μέρος χωρίς να μεσολαβήσει παύση]

[Λεξικό Γεωργακά]
ατάκα[SUP]1[/SUP] [atáka] adv (sp. also αττάκα)
immediately (after) (syn αμέσως 2c): ύστερα καταφθάνει το ρουμάνικο [μπαλέτο] :woot::whistle:· ~ [der of ατάκα[SUP]2[/SUP]]

ατάκα[SUP]2[/SUP] [atáka] η, (sp. also αττάκα)
theat first word of one's response in dialog: αν ξεχάσει .. τη λεγόμενη ~ | έγραφε τις ατάκες του στα μανικέτια του (id.) [fr It attacca, 2sg imper of attaccare]

Σχετικό λεξιλογικό νήμα για τα δήγματα ήχου: soundbites, sound bites.

Για τα δήγματα από τον ελληνικό κινηματογράφο έχουμε άλλο νήμα: Παροιμιώδεις ατάκες του ελληνικού κινηματογράφου, καθώς και για τις ατάκες που μας έχουν μείνει αξέχαστες από ανέκδοτα: Παροιμιώδεις ατάκες ανεκδότων.

Γενικότερα για τις δηκτικές ατάκες κάθε είδους, κάνω μια αρχή με αφορμή ένα σημερινό ατακαδόρικο, τηλεγραφικό φωτοάρθρο του Martin Chilton στον Τηλέγραφο στην Telegraph, 30 great one-liners:

Groucho Marx (1890-1977):
'I never forget a face, but in your case I’d be glad to make an exception.'

Peter Kay
(2 July 1973-):
'My Dad used to say 'always fight fire with fire', which is probably why he got thrown out of the fire brigade.'

Tommy Cooper
(1921-1984):
'I'm on a whiskey diet. I've lost three days already.'

Woody Allen
(1 December 1935-):
'Life is full of misery, loneliness, and suffering - and it's all over much too soon.'

Billy Connolly
(24 November 1942-):
'My definition of an intellectual is someone who can listen to the William Tell Overture without thinking of the Lone Ranger.'

W.C Fields (1880-1946):
'Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.'

Tony Hancock
(1924-1968):
'This radio lark's a wonderful hobby, y'know. I've got friends all over the world, all over the world... none in this country, but friends all over the world.'

Les Dawson (1931-1993):
'My wife sent her photograph to the Lonely Hearts Club. They sent it back saying they weren't that lonely.'

Spike Milligan
(1918-2002):
'Chopsticks are one of the reasons the Chinese never invented custard.'

Dorothy Parker
(1893-1967):
'If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.'

Gore Vidal
(1925-2012):
'Every time a friend succeeds, I die a little.'

Bob Newhart
(September 5, 1929-):
'I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means "put down".'

Jimmy Carr
(15 September 1972):
'I saw that show, 50 Things To Do Before You Die. I would have thought the obvious one was "Shout For Help". '

Ken Dodd
(8 November 1927-):
'I have kleptomania. But when it gets bad, I take something for it.'

Noel Coward
(1899-1973):
'Never trust a man with short legs… his brain’s too near his bottom.'

Oscar Wilde
(1854-1900):
'The English country gentleman galloping after a fox is the unspeakable in full pursuit of the uneatable.'

Eric Morecambe
(1926-1984):
'I think football would become an even better game if someone could invent a ball that kicks back.'

Mark Twain
(1835-1910):
'Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.'

Bob Hope
(1903-2003):
I remember my staff asking me when I was going to retire. I said when I could no longer hear the sound of laughter. He said: "That never stopped you before".

Joan Rivers
(June 8, 1933-):
'The first time I see a jogger smiling, I'll consider it.'

Bill Cosby
(July 12, 1937-):
'Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.'

Mae West
(1893-1980):
'I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.'

Terry Jones
(1 February 1942-):
'He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!' (in Monty Python's Life Of Brian)

Jay Leno
(April 28, 1950-):
'Politics is just show business for ugly people.'

Kenneth Williams
(1926-1988):
'Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me!'

Jack Dee
(24 September 1961-):
'The film industry is like Anne Robinson - always on the lookout for a new face.'

Jerry Seinfeld
(April 29, 1954-):
'I wonder if illiterate people get the full effect of alphabet soup.'

Ambrose Bierce, author of The Devil's Dictionary
(1842-1913):
'War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.'

Homer Simpson
(1987-):
'Trying is the first step towards failure.'

Oliver Hardy
(1892-1957) to Stan Laurel (1890-1965):
'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into.'

Αναμένοντας δήγματα που αρέσουν σ' εσάς... ;)

Το λακωνίζειν την γλώσσαν ακονίζοντες εστί φιλοσοφείν.

Μπορούμε να γεμίσουμε ολόκληρο το νήμα μόνο με τον Terry Pratchett. Βάζω δύο που τα έχω πρόχειρα: :-D

“Drunk? I’m not drunk! You wouldn’t dare call me drunk if I was sober!”

"Dogs are not like cats, who amusingly tolerate humans only until someone comes up with a tin opener that can be operated with a paw."
(αυτό πήγαινε για το γατόνημα, αλλά το βάζω εδώ).

Άλλη ανεξάντλητη πηγή!
- The way I see it, these days there's a war on, right? And, ages ago, there wasn't a war on, right? So, there must have been a moment when there not being a war on went away, right? And there being a war on came along. So, what I want to know is: How did we get from the one case of affairs to the other case of affairs?
- Do you mean "How did the war start?"

Ωραία ατάκα από τον Dan Aykroyd στο Sneakers:
We got bupkis! We turn ourselves in now, they'll give us twenty years in the electric chair!

Zann

Μερικές από τις αγαπημένες μου είναι του Samuel Goldwyn:

"An oral contract isn't worth the paper it's written on."

"Gentlemen, include me out."

"They stayed away in droves."

Και από Dorothy Parker:

“This is not a novel to be tossed aside lightly. It should be thrown with great force.”

“That woman speaks eighteen languages, and can't say 'No' in any of them.”

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
[...]
In belles lettres the witty literary slight has evolved into a genre because, as 20th-century trial lawyer Louis Nizer noted, “A graceful taunt is worth a thousand insults.” To wit, from high culture, Mark Twain: “I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.” Winston Churchill: “He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” And from pop culture, Groucho Marx: “I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.” Scientists are no slouches when it comes to pitching invectives at colleagues. Achieving almost canonical status as the ne plus ultra put-down is theoretical physicist Wolfgang Pauli's reported harsh critique of a paper: “This isn't right. It's not even wrong.” I call this Pauli's proverb.
[...]

When Insults Had Class

'He is not only dull himself; he is the cause of dullness in others.' -- Samuel Johnson

'Why do you sit there looking like an envelope without any address on it?' -- Mark Twain

'His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.' -- Mae West

'Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.' -- Oscar Wilde

Lady Astor once remarked to Winston Churchill at a dinner party, 'Winston, if you were my husband, I would poison your coffee!' Winston replied, 'Madam, if I were your husband, I would drink it!'

'I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.' -- Clarence Darrow

'He has no enemies, but is intensely disliked by his friends.' -- Oscar Wilde

'I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a friend... If you have one.' -- George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill. Churchill's response: 'Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second, if there is one.'

'I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here.' -- Stephen Bishop

'I've had a perfectly wonderful evening. But this wasn't it.' -- Groucho Marx

'I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.' -- Mark Twain

[...]
Αντιγράφω από τη Wikipedia:
[Bessie Braddock] is often erroneously credited with a celebrated exchange of insults with Winston Churchill, also ascribed to Nancy Astor:
Braddock: "Winston, you are drunk, and what's more you are disgustingly drunk."
Churchill: "Bessie, my dear, you are ugly, and what's more, you are disgustingly ugly.
But tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be disgustingly ugly."
[...]
Αξίζει να προστεθεί εδώ σύνδεσμος σε κείμενο του Simon Hoggart για διάφορους παρόμοιους πολιτικούς μύθους:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...as-True-tales-just-great-political-myths.html
You could fill a book with what Winston Churchill didn't say. It would be almost as long as one made up of genuine quotes.
[...]

Τρώω από τα έτοιμα. Άμα είναι καλό το δήγμα, δεν μπαγιατεύει αλλά μαρουβίζει.

Pericles

Για ποιο λόγο οι κινηματογραφικές ατάκες αποδίδονται στους ηθοποιούς;

Για να έχεις μια νοερή εικόνα του προσώπου που την εκφέρει. Αν έγραφα «Roy Miller», τι θα καταλάβαινες; Ή μήπως έπρεπε να βάλω το όνομα του σεναριογράφου, που δεν ξέρω και ποιος είναι;

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Οι δέκα πιο θανατερές ατάκες, σύμφωνα με τους αναγνώστες της βρετανικής Mirror.

Mια διαφορετική έρευνα δημοσίευσε η βρετανική Mirror η οποία παρουσιάζει τις δέκα πιο θανατηφόρες ατάκες-προσβολές που έχουν ειπωθεί από δημόσια πρόσωπα.

Νικητής ο σερ Ουίνστον Τσώρτσιλ, ο οποίος κάποτε είχε πει στη λαίδη Αστορ (την πρώτη γυναίκα που εξελέγη το 1919 στη Βουλή των Κοινοτήτων): «Μπορεί να είμαι μεθυσμένος, κυρία μου, αλλά το πρωί εγώ θα είμαι νηφάλιος και εσείς ακόμα άσχημη».

Στη δεύτερη θέση αναδείχθηκε ο Μπαράκ Ομπάμα και η απάντηση που έδωσε στο σχόλιο της Σάρα Πέιλιν ότι η μόνη διαφορά μεταξύ ενός πιτ μπουλ και της «soccer mom» είναι το κραγιόν: «Αν βάλεις κραγιόν σε ένα γουρούνι, πάλι γουρούνι θα είναι» είπε ο πρόεδρος, προφανώς αναφερόμενος στην ίδια την Πέιλιν.

* O όρος soccer mom αναφέρεται στην αμερικανή μητέρα-σύζυγο που ζει στα προάστια και η οποία περνά το μεγαλύτερο μέρος της ημέρας της κάνοντας διαδρομές για να πάρει ή να αφήσει τα παιδιά της σε αθλητικές ή άλλες δραστηριότητες.

Αλλες θανατηφόρες ατάκες είναι του τραγουδιστή Λίαμ Γκάλαχερ για τον συνάδελφό του Ρόμπι Ουίλιαμς: «εννοείς εκείνο τον χοντρό χορευτή των Take That;»

Κάποτε ο Φρανκ Σινάτρα είπε για τον Ρόμπερτ Ρέντφορντ: «Βρήκε τον πραγματικό έρωτα. Κρίμα που δεν μπορεί να παντρευτεί τον εαυτό του.»

H Eλίζαμπεθ Τέιλορ είχε επίσης πει ότι ορισμένοι από τους καλύτερους συμπρωταγωνιστές της ήταν άλογα και σκυλιά.

Ο πατέρας της ατάκας Γκράουτσο Μαρξ είχε πει: «Πήρε την ομορφιά της από τον πατέρα της. Είναι πλαστικός χειρουργός.»

Η τραγουδίστρια και σόου γούμαν Μπέτι Μίντλερ είχε πει για την πριγκίπισσα Αννα της Βρετανίας: «Αγαπά την φύση παρά τα όσα της έχει κάνει».

Ξανά ο Λίαμ Γκάλαχερ, αυτή τη φορά σχολιάζοντας την απόφαση της Βικτόρια Μπέκαμ να γράψει βιβλίο: «Δεν είναι ικανή να μασήσει τσίχλα και να περπατήσει σε ευθεία γραμμή, πόσο μάλλον να γράψει και βιβλίο».

http://news.in.gr/perierga/article/?aid=1231269059

Winston Churchill has been named king of the witty put-down.

The legendary Prime Minister topped a poll for the funniest insults doled out by musicians, actors, politicians and other public figures.

Churchill’s famous “I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly”, clinched top spot.

His retort of “Tell him I can only deal with one s**t at a time” on being disturbed in his toilet after a call from the Lord Privy Seal saw Churchill bag two entries in the top 10.

Also in was Barack Obama’s ‘You can put lipstick on a pig… it’s still a pig’ dig at Sarah Palin after she joked the only difference between a pitbull and a ‘soccer mom’ was lipstick.

And Groucho Marx’s scathing ‘She got her good looks from her father. He’s a plastic surgeon’, also scored highly.

Liam and Noel Gallagher’s back-biting saw them make it a family affair, with their recent feud making it on the list as well as bitchy comments about other celebs.

Noel proclaimed: “Liam only has two problems - everything he says and everything he does,” and previously took a pot-shot at Robbie Williams, labelling him “the fat dancer from Take That”.

Liam has previously sniped at Victoria Beckham’s plans to become an author, saying: “She can’t even chew gum and walk in a straight line, let alone write a book.”

The poll was carried out to mark today’s Blu-ray and DVD release of ‘Behind the Candelabra’, the life story of outrageous star Liberace.
Top 10

1. Winston Churchill to Lady Astor: “I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”

2. Barack Obama, in response to Sarah Palin’s joke that the only difference between a pitbull and a ‘soccer mom’ was lipstick: “You can put lipstick on a pig… it’s still a pig.”

3. Liberace to a critic: “Thank you for your very amusing review. After reading it I laughed all the way to the bank.”

4. Noel Gallagher on Robbie Williams: “You mean that fat dancer from Take That?”

5. Winston Churchill on the toilet during a call from the Lord Privy Seal: “Tell him I can only deal with one s**t at a time.”

6. Frank Sinatra on Robert Redford: “Well at least he has found his true love – what a pity he can’t marry himself.”

7. Elizabeth Taylor: “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.”

8. Groucho Marx: “She got her good looks from her father. He’s a plastic surgeon.”

9. Bette Midler on Princess Anne: “She loves nature, in spite of what it did to her.”

10. Liam Gallagher on Victoria Beckham’s aspirations to become an author: “She can’t even chew gum and walk in a straight line, let alone write a book.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/sir-winston-churchill-wins-top-2368566

Την ατάκα του Λιμπεράτσε την παραλείψανε στη μετάφραση, ίσως τυχαία.

Zazula

Administrator
Staff member
Την ατάκα του Λιμπεράτσε την παραλείψανε στη μετάφραση, ίσως τυχαία.
Μα και τη δεύτερη του Τσόρτσιλ παρέλειψαν — κι ήθελα τόσο να δω πώς θα πουν το «Lord Privy Seal»... Μπορεί να τσίμπαγε κι έναν ακόμη υπουργό η Νομανσλάνδη!

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Μια από τις καλύτερες ατάκες της τέταρτης σεζόν τού Downton Abbey:

Work is like old age: the worst thing in the world, except for the alternative.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Mark Twain
(1835-1910):

'Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.'

In our job, work is an issue of matter over mind; if it matters, you don't mind. :-)

It's immaterial, anyway.

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Ατάκα το λες και δεν το λες. Αξίζει όμως, γιατί και μόνο για να διαβάσεις το πρωτότυπο σιχτιρίζεις:

A knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggarly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave; a whoreson, glass-gazing, super-serviceable finical rogue; one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service; and art nothing but the composition of a knave, beggar, coward, pander, and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch; one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.

King Lear, Act II, Scene 2

και ξεσπάς μετά με τη σύγχρονη εκδοχή:

You’re a lowlife, a rascal who eats leftover scraps. You’re an ignoble, arrogant, shallow, vulgar, pretentious, conceited, filthy third-rate servant who thinks he’s something special. You’re a cowardly lawyer-loving bastard; a vain, brown-nosing, prissy scoundrel who’d pimp himself out to advance his career; a bag lady. You’re nothing but a lowlife, a beggar, a coward, and a pimp, the son and heir of a mutt bitch. I’ll beat you until you whine and cry if you deny the least bit of this.

nfs.sparknotes.com/lear/page_96.html

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Περισσότερο χάζι έχει έτσι:

A knave, |You’re a lowlife,
a rascal, |a rascal
an eater of broken meats; |who eats leftover scraps.
a base, |You’re an ignoble,
proud, |arrogant,
shallow, |shallow,
beggarly, |vulgar,
three-suited, |pretentious,
hundred-pound, |conceited,
filthy, |filthy
worsted-stocking knave; |third-rate servant who thinks he’s something special.
a lily-livered, |You’re a cowardly
action-taking knave; |lawyer-loving bastard;
a whoreson, glass-gazing, |a vain, brown-nosing,
super-serviceable finical rogue; |prissy scoundrel who’d pimp himself out to advance his career;
one-trunk-inheriting slave; one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service;|a bag lady.
and art nothing but the composition of a knave, |You’re nothing but a lowlife,
beggar, |a beggar,
coward, |a coward,
pander, |and a pimp,
and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch; |the son and heir of a mutt bitch.
one whom I will beat into clamorous whining if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.|I’ll beat you until you whine and cry if you deny the least bit of this.

Καλημέρα!