metafrasi banner

Every little helps [Tesco's main advertising slogan]

From the proverb:-Every little bit helps.
Prov. Even the smallest amount is helpful.
--Tom: I can only give a dollar to your charity. Mary: That's OK. Every little bit helps.
--Jane gave me a pair of booties for my new baby. It's not much, but every little bit helps.
--Half price on selected items. Every little helps. :cheek:

There is a humorous Welleristic addition to this: Every little bit helps said the gnat /old woman as she pissed into the ocean. Would a modification of this proverb suit the bill : φασούλι το φασούλι γεμίζει το σακούλι;

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Yes, I think you could use the first part: φασούλι το φασούλι or build around this proverb: κι ένα φασούλι βοηθάει

For charities, you can also say "δεν πειράζει, ό,τι έχετε ευχαρίστηση". It's not the same, but it's a what one would say instead of "every little bit helps".

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
For the charity and contribution sense, two related threads in the Greek-English queries:
Έκαστος τον οβολόν του
Βάζω το λιθαράκι μου.

To get away from beans (and their propellant by-products) - inspired by the recent references to architectural abominations and that post: πετραδάκι-πετραδάκι.

Πετραδάκι-πετραδάκι - Μιχάλης Μενιδιάτης & Άννυ Λιαροπούλου

Στίχοι: Ευτυχία Παπαγιαννοπούλου, μουσική: Απόστολος Καλδάρας

You'll find the lyrics - and food for threads, Theseus ;) - on the youtube page of the song or over there.

Μικρολίθου-μικρολίθου δι' εσέ ανήγειρον
της του έρωτος οικίας κτίτωρ μεν, ου κτήτωρ σου
:p

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
Μικρολίθου-μικρολίθου δι' εσέ ανήγειρον
της του έρωτος οικίας κτίτωρ μεν, ου κτήτωρ σου
:p

LOL. Να 'σαι καλά!