metafrasi banner

sleepyhead

Primarily to children:-
a) Often said to children. This is the main use in imo. E.g._
Who's a little sleepy head? It's time to go bye-byes.
Informal:-
b) One who is in need of or groggy from sleep/ a sleepy person. Perhaps κοιμήσης is used in this sense.
c) See for a very crude meaning and another meaning - a girl lying down or sleeping on your lap it is called sleepy head:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sleepy head ;):blush:

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
a) Ποιος νυστάζει; Ώρα για νανάκια.

b) νυσταγμένος, κουτουλάει από τη νύστα, νυσταλέος, γλαρωμένος for sleepy, αγουροξυπνημένος (prematurely woken up) for grouchy (usually), μαχμουρλής for slow, lazy, groggy, mostly after waking up. Κοιμήσης and κοιμισμένος are used for the permanent condition (eg. for drooParis).

c) i. πρωινό ρόφημα | ii. μου νύσταξε (just joking) :p

Oh you pretty things - David Bowie

Wake up, you sleepy head, put on some clothes, get out of bed...

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member

daeman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, υπναράς, for someone who can't/won't get up easily.

Δίκιο έχεις· απλώς αυτό το βλέπω λίγο περισσότερο σαν χαρακτηριστικό (υπναράς ο [ipnarás] O1 θηλ. υπναρού [ipnarú] O37 : αυτός που αγαπάει υπερβολικά τον ύπνο και που θέλει να κοιμάται πολλές ώρες. [ύπν(ος) -αράς· υπναρ(άς) -ού]) ή σαν συνήθεια, όχι τόσο σαν κάτι στιγμιαίο. Το λέμε συχνά βέβαια και για το στιγμιαίο, και στο πρώτο παράδειγμα ταιριάζει ασφαλώς, όπως και να το δεις: Ποιος είναι ο υπναρούλης;

Also, υπναράς, for someone who can't/won't get up easily.

You can say that again! :D
I'm a clarinet player in 1973, I go into the hospital for a lousy operation, I wake up 200 years later and I'm Flash Gordon!
Look, you gotta be kidding. I wanna go back to sleep! If I don't get at least 600 years, I'm grouchy all day.
Miles Monroe, The Sleeper*, (Ο υπναράς), 1973~2173~...

Luna Schlosser: It's hard to believe that you haven't had sex for 200 years.
Miles Monroe: 204, if you count my marriage.
I haven't seen my analyst in 200 years. He was a strict Freudian. If I'd been going all this time, I'd probably almost be cured by now.
Anyway, I don't know what the hell I'm doing here. I'm 237 years old, I should be collecting social security.
:rolleyes:

*The film contains several plot points which parody or spoof several well-known works of science-fiction, most notably H. G. Wells's The Sleeper Awakes and George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four. Another direct homage/parody is the use of actor Douglas Rain (best known as the voice of the HAL-9000 computer in 2001: A Space Odyssey) to voice the evil computer in Sleeper.
But Sleeper is mainly a comedic tribute to the genius of two comedians whom Woody Allen deeply admires: Benny Hill (slapstick comedy, raucous music, sped-up motion scenes), and Bob Hope (one-liner comic delivery).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeper_(film)#Production