απολογία

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
απολογία η [apolojía] Ο25 : γραπτή ή προφορική ομιλία που κάνει κάποιος με σκοπό να υπερασπίσει τον εαυτό του ή γενικά να δώσει εξηγήσεις σχετικά με κατηγορία που τον βαρύνει: Mετά την ~ του κατηγορουμένου άρχισαν οι αγορεύσεις των συνηγόρων. ~ υπαλλήλου στη διεύθυνση / φοιτητή στο πειθαρχικό συμβούλιο. Kαλώ κπ. σε ~. Tο έργο «Aπολογία του Σωκράτη» γράφτηκε από τον Πλάτωνα.

Η απολογία του κατηγορουμένου, λοιπόν. Υπάρχει το plea, που ωστόσο δεν είναι αντίστοιχο, καθώς είναι η δήλωση «ένοχος» ή «αθώος» σε σχετική ερώτηση του δικαστή εντός του ακροατηρίου.
Υπάρχει ο όρος answer:

A pleading that is a defendant’s principal response to a plaintiff's complaint. It denies, admits, or otherwise addresses each of the allegations in the complaint. It also usually sets forth the defendant’s affirmative defenses and counterclaims. See also reply.

ο οποίος ωστόσο χρησιμοποιείται κυρίως σε αστικές υποθέσεις. Πώς θα σας φαινόταν το defendant's answer to the charges;

Και να πω επίσης ότι δεν μου κάνει το apology :)

Μήπως η απάντηση θα έπρεπε να αναζητηθεί κατά defence/ oral defence μεριά;

[όντως το apology δεν μας κάνει με τίποτε, μια και στην αγγλική έχει καταλήξει να σημαίνει παραδοχή του σφάλματος]

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Το σκέφτηκα, όμως μετά προέκυψε το the defendant's defence :) Άλλη απορία: θα μπορούσα να το χρησιμοποιήσω για το «απολογητικό υπόμνημα»;

Εχμμ..., το απολογητικό υπόμνημα δεν θα μπορούσε να γίνει written defence; [ΟΚ, αντιλαμβάνεσαι ότι κι εμένα με ζορίζει το ζήτημα :s]

drsiebenmal

HandyMod
Staff member
Apologia, speaking in defense. Από το άρθρο Apologetics, the systematic defense of a position (wiki). Επομένως, defensive memo/speech κλπ;

Cadmian

Defense σκέτο το'χει κι ο Χιωτάκης.

Το rejoinder μας κάνει ή είναι πολύ εξεζητημένο;

pontios

Could perhaps be described as a defense plea , or a self-defense plea ?

There's also opening defense statement or defense statement .

I'm not sure which (or if any ) of these fall close to the mark ?

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Could perhaps be described as a defense plea , or a self-defense plea ?

Η απολογία του κατηγορουμένου, λοιπόν. Υπάρχει το plea, που ωστόσο δεν είναι αντίστοιχο, καθώς είναι η δήλωση «ένοχος» ή «αθώος» σε σχετική ερώτηση του δικαστή εντός του ακροατηρίου.
Sorry, no. In Greece, this απολογία is a written document, submitted before the court (I am skipping a lot of formal intermediate steps here) by the defendant, answering to the charges that have been brought. In that document, the defendant says that he or she is innocent and gives a full account of the relevant events, as well as of the reasons why he or she is innocent. If the defendant admits to an offense, he or she says so, but still gives a full account of the relevant events, as well as of the reasons why penalties, if any, should be reduced (this is more rare). These documents are very complicated, they must follow a specific form, and even though they are addressed to the court by the defendant, and are written in the first person ("I"), they are always drafted by lawyers.

Edit:
There's also opening defense statement or defense statement .

I'm not sure which (or if any ) of these fall close to the mark ?
Again, based on the foregoing description, I don't think so (but let's wait for other opinions, too).

pontios

Palavra maybe try googling written defense statement or written statement of defense, and see if that brings you any closer.
The Written Defense Statement or Written Statement of Defense ,, is more usually (and simply) known as Defense Statement (a term I mentioned in my earlier post) or Statement of Defense , as it is in written form anyway.

cougr

¥
I agree with most of what has previously been suggested, ie. Defence Statement, Statement of Defence, Written statement of Defence or simply Defence, are all applicable.

nickel

Administrator
Staff member
defendant's account of events / account of actions
Ναι, θέλω ανταπόκριση σ' αυτό επειδή αυτή ήταν η δική μου εκδοχή, την οποία δεν κατέθεσα εδώ. Αλλά σκέφτομαι σαν κανονικός άνθρωπος, όχι σαν νομικός.

Palavra

Mod Almighty
Staff member
Νομίζω ότι θα προτιμήσω το defence, όπως πρωτοπρότεινε ο Ρογήρος - αφού έχουμε και 2 συμφωνίες :) Νομίζω ότι δεν θα χρησιμοποιήσω το statement, αλλά νομίζω ότι το written defence με καλύπτει.
Εχμμ..., το απολογητικό υπόμνημα δεν θα μπορούσε να γίνει written defence; [ΟΚ, αντιλαμβάνεσαι ότι κι εμένα με ζορίζει το ζήτημα :s]

Dimi

Αυτό από το Criminal Justice and Licensing (Scotland) Bill

The Society notes the terms of Section 70A(6)(a) where the definition of “defence statement” means a statement setting out the “nature of the accused’s defence, including any particular defences on which the accused intends to rely”.

Ανάλογος είναι ο ορισμός στο αμερικάνικο σύστημα. Οπότε αν το χρησιμοποιήσεις θέλει προσοχή.